Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • UK union is dependent on EU exit. Discuss.
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You obviously don’t think that Germany has benefited hugely from the Euro/EU zippykona. Some might beg to differ.

mefty
    Free Member

I can’t believe we are the only country with eurosceptics. Having bailed out much of Europe I should imagine some of ze Germans have had enough.

Look at their balance of trade figures

athgray
    Free Member

I don’t often agree with wanmankylung, but on this I cuncur. I just hope there are not people hoping for an out answer just so this can happen.

chewkw
    Free Member

athgray – Member
    I don’t often agree with wanmankylung, but on this I cuncur. I just hope there are not people hoping for an out answer just so this can happen.

There is only the prolonging of the inevitable that is out of EU in order to preserve the Union, so it’s either out of EU or out of the Union.

You can’t have it all coz that will not happen because UK is pressured from both end.

😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does this make more sense if you read it backwards?
    Is it just the selected highlights from the EU/SNP/FREEDOM threads?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is it just the selected highlights from the EU/SNP/FREEDOM threads?

Not really, apart from one reference in the first post there’s been no other references to ZMs.

There’s been no references to anal-probing either, although there was one to gang-banging.

And there’s been entire posts without a single emoticon.

On the whole a bit of a disappointment imo.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Specifically on your original point, no it makes no difference. Scotland would have had to join the EU fresh if it had voted for independence in 2014. This was a point of much contention on the referendum thread but that’s my view.

If the UK does vote to leave the EU this will put the SNP/Scotland in a bind as they cannot force independence and the UK would leave the EU taking Scotland with it. As for having to build the financial infrastructure it’s my view (again contentious) that Scotland would have had to do this anyway if it had voted yes, Scotland would have needed such infrastructure and it would have needed to join the euro.

I would bet my house on it.

@wan, I can imagine the SNP/Holyrood would arrange a poll without Westminster backing, as such the poll would have no constitutional force. it would be an “FYI”. The Referendum last year had the backing of Westminster with a commitment to honour the result. Any poll arranged by Holyrood would not carry the same force.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘UK union is dependent on EU exit. Discuss.’ is closed to new replies.