Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • UK passes it's Turing Test
  • wwaswas

What do you know?

that he is preceded by a reputation.

Actually on this occasion he sounded quite reasonable.

Although quite what he expects an investigation as to whether the security services poisoned him to turn up I don’t know – if *they* covered it up 60 years ago the evidence is going to be long gone now.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

that he is preceded by a reputation

For, after attempting a citizen’s arrest on Mugabe and being beaten up by the Dear Leader’s heavies, having balls the size of New York, perhaps?

Or perhaps you had something else in mind…

wwaswas

Or perhaps you had something else in mind…

yes, perhaps I did.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Care to tell the group what that might be?

ctk

I know him as the bloke who forgave ‘the straight choice’ Simon Hughes for his homophobic election campaign against him in the 80s. I haven’t forgiven Simon Hughes for that!

duckman

Woppit will be a tatchell fanboi,enemy of my enemy and all that.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Glad to see the disguised, undercurrent ripple of homophobia is alive and well on STW.

duckman

Do you really think so? I think it is more his public persona.That is a good article,but he normally comes across as the sort of person you would hate to be stuck in a lift with. Whenever you see him interviewed,or on a radio he cuts across the interviewer,other guests etc.

midlifecrashes

Tatchell’s had a hard time of it lately, a combo of Mugabe heavies and a bus crash, so he’s not had the energy to be publicly the PITA(meant in the nicest possible way) he loves to be. Would be good if he was put forward for a gong, if CMD could bring himself to do that, it would be a good move too.

project
    Free Member

Perhaps Alan Carr, Scott Mills, Paul Ogrady, Peter Thatchell, Tom Daly, Nick Grimshaw,the rugby player, the basketball player, (cant remember their names) sorry, all got together as a political group and stood for election, along with ordinary gay men and women then perhaps things may change even more in uk plc.

Northwind

Still… even though I don’t think this is a best possible outcome, or even necessarily any more than a pr stunt, it’s still a positive thing imo.

Personally I agree with the idea of blanket quashing of sentences for laws that we’ve moved beyond, though. Sometimes laws are removed because they’re superceded so that’s not quite as simple as it sounds, you’d need to have a process that decides which laws it applies to but I do think it’s a worthwhile thing.

duckman

Couldn’t agree more nwind…and may l have pics of those brakes 8)

Northwind

Funnilly enough was just sending those 🙂 They might have exploded my mail server though so could take a minute

derekfish
    Free Member

I think it’s pathetic the constant need to define people by their sexuality, who gives a damn?

Turin was a brilliant mathematician, he pretty much gave the world mechanical computing, helped build that machine, up there with Mitchell (designer of the Spitfire)in providing one of the two principle tools that saved our asses in WW2 and how is he now remembered? As a Gay who got let off, it’s bollox.

CountZero

The past is a foreign country, people do things different there. Turing broke a law that was in force then, and isn’t now.
    Get used to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘UK passes it's Turing Test’ is closed to new replies.