Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Über bike headsets??
  • Gordymac
    Free Member

Any one using an über bike ceramic headset? What like?
    Notice they are like the old King headsets that rely on an O ring to keep the top cover in place unlike the wedge that comes on Cane creek headsets. Anyone had any problems with this set up?

allan23
    Free Member

No idea on the ceramic bearings, have installed a steel bearing one and it’s been good.

Also got one of the bottom brackets on the gravel bike, fitted well and seems smooth so far. Can’t say for certain as not given it enough time, but I might not bother with Hope next time.

spawnofyorkshire

I have a steel version on my MTB, it does the job and was a good price. Can be fiddly sometimes to get set up with the O ring, but it’s never been a hassle, it just might take another minute or so to make sure everythings right.
    Works smoothly and has required almost zero maintenance in nearly 2 years of running it. Seals are good

cooie

30% off everything tomorrow with UBER30.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think the discount is already valid, but can’t tell for sure as the site keeps crashing before I can get my brake pads in my basket.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is the website always this shonky?

Can’t tell if I’ve bought my brake pads or not, it’s hanging so much.

Northwind

The old chris kings used to destroy steerers… Not sure if that was a flaw of this design type or specific to king, though. I’d get a cheap orbit or cane creek personally.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Über bike headsets??’ is closed to new replies.