Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tyres, tyres, tyres….
  • Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hello,

I’ve been running Maxxis tyres for ages, currently Advantage front and Crossmark rear like a lot of people.

I’m looking at what tyres to change to next, as this pair are now a bit threadbare.

The criteria are:

Tubeless well
    Lightish (under 600)
    Fast rolling, but still grippy

Does anyone have any suggestions, or should i stick with Advantage and Crossmark eXC series?

Thanks yoo

Butty

awh
    Free Member

Maxxis Aspen? I went out in the damp and didn’t have any scary moments! Fitting them tubeless on Flow rims was easy and I have them at quite a low pressure for maximum grip!

stumpy01

Don’t know about weight, but Spesh Purgatory 2.2 front & Captain 2.0 rear are a pretty good combination. 2bliss work pretty well, although I’m not sure about running them at low pressures. On mine, the Purgatory has burped severely a couple of times, but it is very loose compared to the rear tyre. I can get it on without levers easily.

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hmm… I’m torn, I’d like to try Schwalbe, but they appear to have real lifetime problems, i.e. wear fast and are susceptible to sidewall tearing.

Conti would be another choice, a Speedking rear and a X-King front… but these have issues being setup tubeless as the walls are so porous.

Specialized i haven’t look at tbh….

Any other suggestions?

These will be for training, and for 24 hour endurance events.

househusband

I’m with stumpy01 in recommending Specialized 2bliss tyres – they’re highly underrated in my opinion and can be found online for about £20ea. I run the Eskar Control 2.3’s both ends and love them, but appreciate you may want something faster. I have them on Stans Crest rims and can mount them without levers, they inflate easily and I run them at about 30-psi, and I’m 15st or so.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Hmm… I’m torn, I’d like to try Schwalbe, but they appear to have real lifetime problems, i.e. wear fast and are susceptible to sidewall tearing.

If it helps, my Double Defense Racing Ralph rear tyre is just getting worn now. It is a year and a bit old, so I consider that reasonable life. No sidewall tears as the Double Defense is pretty solid (and hence also easy to inflate with stans or joes tubeless).

Can’t comment on your other options.

br
    Free Member

Currently I’m on an Ardent front and a Larsen rear.

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Ardent front…. how do you find the grip? in the mud? in the dry?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tyres, tyres, tyres….’ is closed to new replies.