Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tyre Volumes
  • obelix
    Free Member

How does a 2.35 Schwalbe Nobby Nic compare to a 2.2 Continental Rubber Queen?

My NN is squirming at lower pressures when run tubeless, so was thinking that moving to a narrower tyre (RQ) might help. But I still want a fair bit of volume, and have heard that the RQs are really tall, so volume may be the same if not greater than the NN.

Northwind

What size is that, 29? 2.4 26er NN is probably very similiar to a 2.2 RQ if that’s any use, as you say the RQs are taller than most.

But RQs are sort of similiar to NNs in that they’ve got pretty thin/unsupportive carcasses, so I think you’re quite likely to still find them squirmy at really low pressure. Though having said that, my RQs were the original version with no sidewall protection or ust-ness or anything and an appetite for falling apart so maybe newer ones are beefier.

Macavity
    Free Member

There is the try more air in it option.

obelix
    Free Member

They’re 26″, and would be looking at getting the protection, etc or a UST version, so will be more resistant to squirming.

Would like to run higher pressures, but due to back injury (2 bulging discs) I need them low to take edge of the trail chatter on my hardtail. Ideally I’d buy a full susser, but that’s for inclusion next year’s budget.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tyre Volumes’ is closed to new replies.