Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tyre optimal size – Boost / non-Boost ?
  • nickfrog
    Free Member

Currently running a 160mm travel forked HT and settled on 2.35 (Hans and Nic), tubeless on 25mm internal rim ; I don’t want to have to change tyres for winter or for special occasions like BPW.

Really happy with it but I never had bigger so I don’t know what if a bigger size would be a step too far or would bring something to the equation.

I have a very eclectic riding pattern : BPW twice a year, single track, XC, trail, South Downs, whatever.

This is as big as my frame will take (non-boost Meta HT) but I am looking at swapping the frame to a 2018 Meta HT (purely for vanity reasons!) which is Boost only and will open the door to fitting a bigger tyre, despite my non-Boost Yaris. So:

– is there any point ? (added weight/drag vs added grip/traction)
    – if there is, how big can I go with the non-Boost Yaris ?
    – and how big can I go with 25mm internal rims ?

Cheers. Nick.

theraggyone
    Free Member

Im running a 2.5 WTB breakout front and 2.4 trailboss rear on my hardcore hardtail (25mm internal dt swiss rims). Love this combo .i used to run hans dampf and rock razor on my old full suss and much prefer the WTB tyres . The bigger volume work so well on hardtails im actually starting to wish i had a 27.5+ fork so i could run larger.

nickfrog
    Free Member

That’s good to hear thanks. How wide can a non-Boost Yari take do you think ?

theraggyone
    Free Member

I think 2.6 but im not 100% on that. 2.5 fits my revelation but dont think i could go bigger.

theraggyone
    Free Member

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tyre optimal size – Boost / non-Boost ?’ is closed to new replies.