Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Turner Sultan 29er….worth the premium?
  • cjr61

So, I might have the opportunity to buy a used Turner Sultan frame. Reviews are obviously very good and I’ll match them with a 130mm Fox Talas.

Are they worth the premium? I could probably get a very similar spec frame for £150-200 less (so a good pair of wheels or drivetrain’s worth).

As a numpty fairly basic skilled rider is it worth the investment?

Thanks

Chris

tmb467
    Free Member

Lovely bike – tho spares for the DW Link are increasingly hard to get hold of

sam_underhill

DW link spares need to come direct from Turner these days. It seems to me that they are moving to a more direct selling model for both bikes and spares and as such it’s much easier to purchase direct from Turner these days. Sure it means you have to pay the import duties yourself, but it’s no more expensive than the previous prices from the UK importer.

I’ve had a 26″ flux and currently on a 27.5″ Burner, I love the DW Link bikes from Turner. Keep the pivots lubed and they won’t need parts for a few years anyway.

woody74

Turner have great customer service as well. Would totally recommend.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve just put one together (search my username – started threads).

I didn’t like it too much – felt too steep? Like I’d tip over.
    Put in some offset bushings (easy job and £23 parts) and also sorted the angle of controls as they were at a way too downwards angle.

Now it feels great – just like my horsethief but a little lower – that was a really tall bike.

Only reason I swapped is my surname is Turner so wanted my name on the bike!

But it is a tiny wee bit better than the Salsa. Shorter, not as tall and a bit more efficient pedalling. It is a lighter build though

But in general, they ride nicely up and down and make it a good do it all bike. I found it easier to pump and manual too.

cjr61

Thanks for the feedback all. It does sound a great bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Turner Sultan 29er….worth the premium?’ is closed to new replies.