Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Turner RFX v4.0?
  • miketbrown
    Free Member

Has anyone here bought one of these this year?
    I’m very close to ordering (small) & any kind of sanity check on ride quality will be massively appreciated.

mactheknife

I have 1 ordered through Basecamp bikes, they are awaiting shipment of the first batch at Silverfish in the very near future.

There may be some advance orders been fulfilled but i don’t think any are in the UK yet.

sam_underhill

If only I hadn’t bought a burner last year! Oh… And had the talent for a bigger bike.
    Looks awesome. I’m on my 3rd DW-Link Turner. I like them.

miketbrown
    Free Member

I assumed Turner does direct buy & international shipment. Is this not the case?

mactheknife

Mine has arrived and is looking amazing 🙂 big thanks out to Basecamp bikes for getting it to me.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

The Push Cartel in Ambleside built one for a customer and posted some pics on insta. There building another now for the owner.
    I would like to try one to see how it compares to a Burner.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Mac are gonna put some pics up?? Hows it ride?

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you don’t mind, how tall are you and what size did you get? I’m between the medium and the large I think. Very tempted by these. Only thing I can think of worth replacing my ten year old 6-pack with.

mactheknife

Ill defo put some pics up but i am away with work for a few weeks as of tomorrow. 😥 Looking to build it up as soon as i get home and get a few rides in to get the suspension and set up dialed.

Onzadog i am 5 foot 7 so a medium. Until i get it built and had a few rides i wouldn’t want to comment on sizing. Sorry.

Onzadog
    Free Member

No worries. At 5’7″ I’d say you’re bang on for a medium. At 5’9.5″, I couldn’t be any more between sizes if I tried.

mactheknife

Whereabouts do you live Onzadog? If its anywhere north of the border i am happy to eet up for a ride sometime and you can have a go on the Medium to see if it suits you. Or not 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Appreciate the offer but I’m in the east Midlands. Thinking a might take a punt on a large one and run a diddy stem.

Stevet1
    Free Member

You can always sell it me if it turns out to be too large 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

How much for stevet1? If we can agree a price, I might take you up on that.

rexated
    Free Member

No worries. At 5’7″ I’d say you’re bang on for a medium. At 5’9.5″, I couldn’t be any more between sizes if I tried.

Onza, I’m same height as you and kicked off a thread on MTBR Turner forum on this same issue … if you’ve not seen it, check out ‘RFX Tweener Anguish’ (I’m known as swan lee in this parallel forum universe). DT seems to reckon medium could be the way forward, with everyone else pretty much saying large-with-small-stem. I’m no closer to understanding which would be the best…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll have a look at that. Could be the first time ever that the wife and I end up on different size bikes.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Good thread on mtbr. Still not sure what the answer is. I was leaning towards large but when dt himself says medium, it’s pretty hard to argue.

rexated
    Free Member

Good thread on mtbr. Still not sure what the answer is. I was leaning towards large but when dt himself says medium, it’s pretty hard to argue.

Yeah, I agree – exactly the problem I’m left with! I don’t think Silverfish are likely to have a demo of either size anytime soon, according to my LBS. And whilst they have stock currently, it looks like future shipments are already getting fully pre-ordered.

So, OP, if you know what size you want, forget the ‘sanity check’ and go and buy the thing! – it will be amazing I reckon (based on my experience of dw link and turner’s approach to geo).

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m currently trying to convince myself that the difference isn’t that much and that I’d fit on either. It’s not working though. That term “analysis paralysis” is spot on.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Does ritchiethesilverfish still frequent this forum? Any chance of a test fleet and demo tour?

miketbrown
    Free Member

So, OP, if you know what size you want, forget the ‘sanity check’ and go and buy the thing!

I definitely want the small and I’m also definitely getting it. I’ve looked at SO many options that my head was really spinning. But after leaving it for a while, I’ve come back to this. Timing is the issue now though!

rexated
    Free Member

Nice one Mike. Make sure you post some photo’s here once the bike is bought!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Turner RFX v4.0?’ is closed to new replies.