• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Turbo Trainer QR's
  • sandwicheater

Picking up my first turbo trainer tonight with a plan to become a super fit freak by the end of winter, FACT!.

Seen a few turbo trainer specific quick releases. Is this just to stop your normal QR’s getting scratched or, do they have another purpose?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Is this just to stop your normal QR’s getting scratched or, do they have another purpose?

Some/most QRs won’t work at all with some designs of turbo and it’s more than just scratches, if you have a plastic nut on your QR it can get well and truly chewed up attaching to a turbo.

sandwicheater

Balls!! No turbo action for me tonight then.

Don’t suppose you know if the Elite models need a specific one or any old turbo QR will do?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Don’t suppose you know if the Elite models need a specific one or any old turbo QR will do?

is it by any chance the £99 Halfords Elite one? If so I think it comes with one. Essentially they need an shimano shaped QR end, like this:

sandwicheater

Second hand and without the QR (well, I assume, will find out tonight) but it is the Volare £99 jobby. Have an old Shimano QR in the spares box so may be in luck.

Cheers muchly your sour fruitiness.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, any QR that looks like Lemon’s picture will do. The clamping mechanism just needs to locate over the qr ends in a solid manner. So you might get away with other QR designs if you’re sensible and actually look at whats happening when you put the bike on the turbo.

Kuco

Used mine once with out the proper QR in stood up to do a sprint and the back wheel popped out. Never knew I could have such a crash in the living room 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Turbo Trainer QR's’ is closed to new replies.