Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tubeless setup leaking from valve
  • PrinceJohn

Any ideas/suggestions on how to prevent this? The valve is on pretty tight, and the valve itself isn’t damaged. Current thinking is sacrifice a tube and go slightly ghetto…

Yak

Probably the tape is damaged / lifted somewhere and the air/fluid has migrated round to the valve hole. Remove the tyre and re-tape.

scotroutes

It’s often a bad cut of the rim tape. Stans recommend using a small round file to get ride of any overlap that might prevent the valve seat from, err, seating properly.

Also – if there is a leak anywhere else round the rim it can often manifest itself as a leak from the valve hole.

I assume you’ve put lots of fluid in and done the Stans jiggle?

parkesie
    Free Member

Had a leak from the valve in a crest a few weeks ago. After much head scratching and eventualy removing the rim tape i discovered the cause of the leak and the creaking back end. Rim was cracked through the tyre well.

jekkyl

yup retape or keep trying to get the jizz round the valve so it seals better.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

yiu can use the rubber O rings that works, simple to

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Or Copydex / wood glue?

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

PVA works for me – used it on a problematic Arch rim conversion a few weeks ago – it’s still up, nice and firm.

(ooh err)

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I had problems with Stan’s Crest rims leaking from the valve,tried a new valve still had the problem.A couple of weeks ago I ended up taking the tyre off replacing the rim tape but it still leaked,as a last resort I put extra sealant in the tyres & both tyres have stayed inflated

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless setup leaking from valve’ is closed to new replies.