Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tubeless – for deep section carbon rims?
  • TiRed

Go on then, tell me, do I just crank the valve nut down onto the carbon fairing? Bought some 80 mm Superstar valves for the Giant pSLR-aeros and then had that insightful moment – how exactly do you tighten the valves obto the rims? I assume that the valve nut is required and 90 psi behind it won’t be enough to hold it in place, particularly during inflation.

Obviously valve extenders and shorter valves won’t work, and I don’t plan on drilling out he hole so the nut can fit right down onto the rim.

Any suggestions?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tubeless valve locknuts only need to be finger tight so I reckon you’ll be okay, just don’t go silly.

TiRed

Will try. For my last tubeless the Stans valves needed tightening a lot, but the carbon the Giant wheels isn’t structural just a fairing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The valve only needs to be tight enough to inflate it. A slow leak can be cured by sloshing the solution around.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Drill the fairing enough to get the nut down, spin the nut on and then put one of those anti rattle patch things over the hole, you’ll never know it was there

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you drill the fairing, how would you reach in to tighten the lock ring?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless – for deep section carbon rims?’ is closed to new replies.