Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Tubbies, assemble! It's STW FitFat Club time!
  • IHN

New year, new belly, the threads about weight loss have already started. I need to shift some, so I thought I’d resurrect the tradition of the STW FitFat club. Who’s in?

Why FitFat? ‘Cos it’s not just about losing the spare tyre, it’s also about seeing the benefit on fitness. The idea is that, as well as weekly weigh in, there’s also a weekly set workout (set it yourself, ideally a bike route given this is a bike website, but run, swim, pogo, whatever) that you will repeat each week and time to track your (hopefully) improving times over the weeks.

I’ll run it until the end of March, and this is how it’ll work:

1) Mail me to let me know you’re in (address in profile) with your:
    – current weight in KG
    – target weight in KG (something challenging but acheivable)
    – what your workout will be
    – your STW username
    by this Friday (9th Jan).

2) Each week, mail me your weigh in results and that weeks time result by Midday Tuesday

I’ll pull it all together and post a hall of shame/fame up here each week. I’ll even see if the STW bods can rustle up some prizes for the biggest losers/most improved times or whatever.

So, who’s in?

tomkerton
    Free Member

In

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh no 🙂

In

everyone
    Free Member

Sod it, I’m in.

jimster01

In, just hoping lurgy will disappear.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Absolutely – yes!

IHN

Good-oh 🙂

Just to be clear, the ‘workout’ bit should be something that is timed and you’ll repeat each week, like a certain bike or running route or swim length. Some of you are saying things like ‘tennis twice a week’, which is great for the weight loss, but tricky to make into a graph on a spreadsheet 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve never been much for this sort of thing but maybe it’ll provide some additional motivation.

So, I’m in…

Not sure on my workout yet though – will probably be a strava segment but that’s very variable on conditions and which bike I ride, not to mention that I have weeks when I don’t get to ride 🙁 which I suppose is why I’m on here…

captaincarbon
    Free Member

End of March? ideal, I’m in.

hockropper

I’m in too gotta lose 72 pounds by April as doing a training camp with mates in April in Majorca and don’t want to be tbe fatty at the back, ;0)

cheers_drive

I’m in
    Thanks

TPTcruiser

Good job.

I am in. Ties in with the Endomondo commute through GMT challenge too.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m in.

My workout will be the test lap in my local woods. For which there is a Strava segment. Although it won’t be every week.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Ah what the hell, I’m in.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Perfect, will get some scales tomorrow 😳

nemesis
    Free Member

Can the results be posted as a percentage loss rather than absolute 😳

IHN

Can the results be posted as a percentage loss rather than absolute

It’ll be both; carrot and stick 😉

nemesis
    Free Member

Bastard 😉

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

go on, I’m in too.

dave32
    Free Member

Def ate to much cake over xmas so I’ll sign up

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Does turbo or treadmill sessions count? I’m firmly in the indoor workout mode at the moment as had a fair bit of snow/ice on most of my local trails. If so I guess I’m in since it’ll be extra motivation.

IHN

If you can measure it so as to see time improvements over the weeks, it counts.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ok I’m in if that’s the case

cubist
    Free Member

Sounds like the motivation I might need if standing near a mirror in lycra doesn’t work as well as I expect it to – I’m in.

ernie67

Sounds just what I need …

I’M IN !!

Dark-Side

I’m in!

Davidian
    Free Member

I’m in!

IHN

As the man would have said if the film was tubby-cyclists-get-less-fat-and-more-fit and not big-shark-terrorises-seaside-town:

We’re gonna need a bigger spreasheet

sundaywobbler

I’m in too, this should be interesting as I’m a right lardy b’stard at the moment!

shiny
    Free Member

I’m IN
    Mail Sent – live in Malaysia – who is going to monitor my progress???

Great Idea!

cheers
    shiny

spud-face

Do I need to be a lard-arse to play? If anything I could do with gaining rather than losing weight. BUT, this year’s a fitness year (I’m of the undernourished-skinny rather than the fit-skinny type) so I plan on doing some cycle machine gymmyness with a view to one day going back to that spin class and taking revenge on those merciless, superhuman housewives who humiliated me last month.

So Malvern Rider, is it you or me that starts the “Which set of scales?” thread? (and what’re the Malvern Hills like at this time of year? I’ll be popping over to see my grandma on saturday and thought of taking the bike along, but if it’ll be chockablock with new year fitness ramblers then I’ll give it a miss)

everyone
    Free Member

Surely you could set a positive weight gain? That combined with the fitness aspect would be pretty good as it would (hopefully) stop you sitting down with a whole trifle every day and necking it.

IHN

Yep, if you want to go for a upwards target rather than a downwards one, go for it.

Just be prepared for the karma-kicking you’re going to get each week as I try get the spreadsheet working properly just for you 🙂

spud-face

I’m not actively beefcaking (and I doubt I’ll ever be one for regular meals), but it’d be interesting to see what effect, if any, exercise has. This’d just be handy to quantify any fitness gains, and a public competition should help me stick to it.

hora
    Free Member

IN

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

good call, stw fatclub a few years back helped me enormously (well, just over 5st at very best to be exact).

spawnofyorkshire

I’m in

this nicely coincides with my fitness drive and desire to complete a number of half-marathons this year (starting with Hudds HM inn april)

xcracer1
    Free Member

IHN

Wednesday bump.

Any more tubsters want to jump/waddle on board?

mogrim

Can the workout be running instead of mtb?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Tubbies, assemble! It's STW FitFat Club time!’ is closed to new replies.