Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Troy Lee 5450s – how tight?
  • honourablegeorge

I’ve never got on with Kyle straits – they move around all over the place unless I have the straps crazy tight, in which case they cut off circulation – so I just got a set of these off CRC to replace them, measured the legs beforehand, seemed to be right for the large, have tried them on, and I think they fit OK, they’re fairly snug without being crazy tight, they pull a few hairs off my knee (no, I won t shave) which was mentioned in reviews, not worried about that – my worry is that I go riding in them and they cut off circulation a bit, etc. I don’t think they will, but I’m gone past the point of returning them as soon as I take them out in the local slop.

Anyone got a set of these? Any problems like that? Were they a snug (I’m struggling for a better word) fit from the off?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Pads tend to loosen off a touch with a few rides in them.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, I would expect a little of that. Just want to get it right this time, not throw more cash down the drain

honourablegeorge

Quick bump for you Monday-morningers. Anyone got 5450s?

nickwgbr
    Free Member

I’ve got the TLD knee and elbow pads, had the same thoughts as you as elbows in particular seemed a little tight when I tried them on and thought I might get forearm pump (I ordered the sizes after measuring my arm/leg circumferences etc). Knee pads seemed fine I was just concerned about slide down over time or nipping the back of my knee when riding,

After several months of procrastination (the down side of CRC 12 month return policy!) I just thought sod it and wore them out – after 30 min I forgot they were there, no pinching or sliding around, not even that hot. I was quite chuffed and they are a welcome addition to my armoury (no pun intended. Ok maybe a little one).

luket

Mine have loosened quite a bit over time so I would advocate getting some a little on the small side.. I think the elastic has deteriorated a bit as well in mine – they don’t like being over-stretched so be careful putting them on. I do need to pull them up quite a few times per ride as a result.

They do pull a few hairs out but the rubber grips in them are a necessity to keep them up. Curiously they seem to stay up better when I get a bit sweaty a well.

variflex
    Free Member

As above. They are quite tight for the first ride and then slacken off. I ride with mine 3 times a week and they are now 3 months old. Get washed probably once every other week and they are great!! I do 20+Km’s at a time and I dont notice Im wearing them.

legend
    Free Member

Buy a smaller pair of Kyle Straits? Was out for 5 hours in mine yesterday without having to touch them once

honourablegeorge

Thanks folks. I think it’s worth my while giving them a go.

ichabod
    Free Member

yeah buy them very tight is my advice as they stretch loads.. my gf had a nasty elbow injury as she crashed but the TLD elbow pad had slipped down her forearm! She was wearing size XS (or even XXS cant remember) – the size guide says they were correct for her. They are now for sale if anyone is interested!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee 5450s – how tight?’ is closed to new replies.