Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trip Report : Plymouth across Dartmoor and then over Exmoor (UK)
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I recently did a 3 day trip from Plymouth -> Bideford -> Taunton taking in both Dartmoor and Exmoor. The route followed Aidan Harding’s EWE route for the most part. The weather was great, the riding hard and it was a trip to remember.

If you want to read about it you can at http://onemanandhisbike.com

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Looks fantastic. I did a route from Plymouth to Minehead and onto Taunton many years ago, that was in a book I bought via MTB Pro , that long ago. Really enjoyed it, although stayed in a hotel in Chagford first night, Minehead second and onto Taunton Station to home. Got lost in Dartmoor, as the ways aren’t that clear near Princetown etc. Loved Exmoor for the gnarly descents.

td75
    Free Member

Enjoyed reading your trip report. Really want to do one at some point.

rockhopperbike

nice one, may have to study that for a jaunt! good work that man

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Looks great – have friends in both Plymouth and Taunton so i can feel a plan coming on.
    Be interested to know a little more about how much off road vs on road and how much of a drag the road was on an mtb?

thanks

Jim

kimbers

Only read the first bit so far. But dang that dynamo hub is a cool idea, how did it do ?

yunki
    Free Member

Just starting to get into your report.. I must admit to a sympathetic chuckle or two when you mentioned the Dartmoor ‘bridleways’ 😆

They’re not always quite what people imagine when they think of the term bridleway, with many of them being appropriate for a full-on DH bike..

nt80085

I am in the process of planning the same trip for next year, I live in a village just the other side of Croydon Hill and was only yesterday pouring over the OS maps trying to find a suitable route so your post is v well timed!

Any chance you could mail me the GPX file?

Cheers
    Nick

senorj

Tagged to read later….
    Ta.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I did the MTB Pro route (Plymouth to Minehead) in a day once (when I was much fitter).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trip Report : Plymouth across Dartmoor and then over Exmoor (UK)’ is closed to new replies.