Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Trickiest trail 'feature' in the UK?
  • Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I think the hardest trail centre I’ve done is Stainburn – there’s some really nice tricky stuff there.
    I recently re-rode Laggan black and was surprised how tame it all felt – I think a few weeks at Bike Village gave me a fresh take on the meaning of ‘steep and techy’, so trail centres pale in comparison.

Rorschach
    Free Member

The queue for a butty at the cafe?

jam-bo

There’s some proper tricky stuff at Gawton, Egypt is well techy, and the second gap on super tavi is proper scary, never seen anyone do it except on video.

I’ve seen plenty case it and a few broken people on it.

Egypt is fun in the dry once you know the lines but super hard in the wet.

retro83
    Free Member

Hardest thing I’ve ridden is the black run (i think) at Aston Hill. Took a wrong turn, intending to do the red.

Proper difficult, could barely stay on the bike, let alone ride it properly.

It’s a lot more technical than it looks on the vid.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s98kVeSfkN4[/video]

kudos100
    Free Member

I have no idea trail centre wise. The most crazy thing I have seen is in steyning in west sussex.

25ft steep stepdown double, straight into a left hand burn, into another and then onto a tiny bit of northshore with a 10 ft drop leading straight into a big hip jump at the bottom!

It is bonkers. The stepdown into the burm defies the laws of physics…..

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I rarely manage the whole Cwmcarn climb in the wet without dabbing, but sorry if that isnt gnar enough for this thread.

Some of the stuff above just needs commitment rather than skill, McMoab for example.

Come on though, there must be some stuff out the back of Nationwide that is pretty hairy?

chvck
    Free Member

From what I’ve heard/seen Llangollen DH course is pretty tricky :p

Rorschach
    Free Member

It is in the wet…..on high rollers 😯

neilforrow

RE Super tavi and the quarry gap: both are quite big, but the quarry gap is the hardest of the two. The 2nd hit after the main gap, between the trees is tough. only hit that a couple of times.

there are just balls out, not really that technical.

like jam bo said, Egypt in the wet is tricky to get right for sure.

wrecker
    Free Member

There’s a real tricky bit of rock at the start of the climachx descent. The ground below was a foot of mud so no alternative route. It’s totally off camber and sharp, not gnar but really quite tricky.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Trickiest trail 'feature' in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.