Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Trick or Treating
  • Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

One group attempted, ignored.

Others contemplated and walked on by, the right decisions.

Hopefully that’s it for tonight.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Go and put another lump of coal on the fire now Larry ..great job ..well done 🙄

andy4d

Our stash is all gone 😯 not run out before, did I eat that many! It tends just to be the older kids now so it’s gate closed and lights off time here.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

hodgynd – Member
    Go and put another lump of coal on the fire now Larry ..great job ..well done

Too warm for a fire, not in minus territory yet.

tjagain

Guising is not the same as trick or treat. Guising you do a turn to get your sweets – a song, tell a joke that sort of thing

trick or treat is rather nastier its basically extortion 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Here we go… 😀

GrahamS

Calling time at 8. Good night. 50+ kids through the door. Some great costumes.

Now shaking slightly from all the sugar. 😆

tazzymtb

Halloween is like Christmas for old goths, bloody love it.

user-removed
    Free Member

Staying with the mother in law for a month, waiting to move into new house. She did her level best to spoil the night for our four year old, starting with bollocking both of us for carving our pumpkin at the kitchen table – apparently we should have been outside doing it in the rain and dark…

Ignored her instructions not to go out “begging from the neighbours” and he came back with a decent haul. She’s still fizzing as I type this 😀

Won’t let me answer the door though so I’m eating a massive bag of Haribo as noisily as possible.

fossy

Dished out loads of sweets – bit of a mad rush between 6 and 7pm as we’d just got in. The 9 month old kitten had been trashing the witches broom during the day – twigs all over the lounge.

All the kids were very polite though, and most supervised by parents. Anyone wanting visitor’s usually decorates their houses round here – pumpkins and a smoking skull in our porch. The kids seem to respect that if the house isn’t decorated, you aren’t getting sweets.

fossy

Looked like we might run out of sweets at one point, but I can confirm there is almost a full tub of Haribo left 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Mischief night last night,

Isn’t that 4 November? I am sure it was for when I was a kid.

We had a great time – three 8 yr olds (one autistic) and a 4 yr old . Knocking on doors and saying ‘hallowe’en sweets’ 🙂

mahalo

Nobody chooses ‘trick’ these days…

scoob67
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=QmhD_3CWEos[/video]

For all in darkest Lanarkshire.

Drac

Youngest is back with loads of sweets as an added bonus I found another bag in the kitchen I’d forgotten about.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just checked and apparently mischief night is on different nights depending on where you are from:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8339617.stm

Yak

All done. A bit of a rush as we missed the group start from the pub as we were still in the woods with the kids mtb club night. Made it back as the big scary group got to ours. So they all scoffed sweets for a bit while waiting for my kids and I to get changed. Then we got going with the group scoring lots of sweets from the 2nd half of the village before finishing at a friend’s garden for hot cider and biscuits. All good fun imo.

crankboy
    Free Member

We went down a narrow close to be confronted by a massive screen that sprang to life with a scene from a horror movie a dark house with a convincing ghost hologram at an upstairs window a silent motionless but real woman in a mask sat in the garden, as my mesmerised boy walked up the drive a bloody zombie with an axe jumped out at him a few steps later a killer clown from nowhere! Utterly brilliant made every house there after an anti climax. Crankbrat now wants to watch more horror films.

aracer
    Free Member

I think this year is the first time I’ve stopped in and watched the reaction – have always been out with the kids before. My installation has gradually developed, though it was almost the same as last year’s this time – just that I had a bat rather than a spider going up and down last year. Definitely fun having something which really frightens the kids – I felt a bit mean with some of the little ones, but even some of the teens were a bit bothered when the spider came down on them!

Had loads of kids round, but actually ended up with sweets left this year – I guess previously we’ve left the tin out and some might have taken a load (and we did stock up well).

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Trick or Treating’ is closed to new replies.