Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trek X-caliber 8 or something else? (£600ish budget)
  • andyl
    Free Member

Friend is looking for a mountain bike. Bit of trail riding and then general pootling so hardtail would be best. She hated cycling for years but since turning into a bit of a surf chick down in Cornwall she’s now trying lots of other sports and has been riding on loaned bikes so wants her own.

We popped into a shop the other day while she was in Bristol and the Trek X-caliber 8 looks like it might fit the bill and is £650 on sale. Any other suggestions? I have been taking a quick look at 2nd hand stuff too but it’s a bit trickier when its for someone else.

Other one I did see: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-bikes-sentier-l-womens-hardtail-bike-2015/rp-prod120720?utm_source=adroll&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=dynamic

Cheers

kraftyone
    Free Member

The new Voodoo Bizango?

kraftyone
    Free Member

or the old one. either way, both great HTs

andyl
    Free Member

yeah saw that when looking to see what Konas Halfords had but spec ‘seems’ better on the Trek with shimano brakes and 32mm Rockshox fork.

Scared to veer away from Rockshox forks as I don’t know much about anything else (other than X-fusion and Fox).

kraftyone
    Free Member

Been running mine for a year and the forks are fine (although will be the next thing to up grade. The Voodoo frame is just so sorted I’m happy slowly upgrading everything else around it.

Matt_SS_xc

girlfriend will be selling her Trek EX7, possibly putting ad up tonight.
    For around that money…
    where in cornwall is she? We are in Okehampton, Devon, girlfriend works in cornwall, could meet her somewhere?

andyl
    Free Member

She’s in Bude but works all over and into Devon.

How tall is your GF and what year is it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trek X-caliber 8 or something else? (£600ish budget)’ is closed to new replies.