Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trek Fuel EX 5 or Specialized FSR XC Pro
  • The-Duke

Hi
    My girlfriend is trying to choose between these two bikes (both 2010), can get the fsr for around £1250 and the ex5 for £1150, I know there is a bit of difference in spec between the two but if she goes for the trek i've got a fox fork, and slx/xt drivetrain i would swap over, the fsr would be left standard.
    All opinions welcome

Kendal
    Free Member

My wife has got the 2010 FRS xc Comp and her friend rides the 2009 one, both think they are exceellent bikes. (They have both compared them to a Rocky Mountain Element and SC Superlight that two of their riding group have and prefer the FRSs.) Can't comment on the Trek.

BoardinBob

I've got the 2009 FSR Comp and given that it's now went up to £1,100 this year, if you can get the Pro for £1,250 that's a steal. The pro sorts out the two problem areas on the bike, the shock which is a Fox Triad on the Pro vs an X-Fusion on the Comp and a Reba SL vs a Tora.

FWIW I really like my Comp but swapping the Tora for a Reba Team transformed the bike.

theotherjonv

up until last year the lower end Fuels had a different rocker link and didn't (iirc) have the ABP system. Not sure about this year's, which would be my only thought.

Otherwise I have a Fuel Ex8 and can't rate it highly enough.

vinnyeh

The 2010 EX5 I think has the frame from last years EX8 which was pretty highly rated for it's chassis. Spec and fork aren't as top notch as the Specialized though.

GTDave
    Free Member

The 2010 is an excellent bike. Has the same frame, ABP & rocker link as last years fuels. I think the rear can is the same too.
    A fantastic ride, going from the experience of my 09 EX8.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trek Fuel EX 5 or Specialized FSR XC Pro’ is closed to new replies.