Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • TREDZ – Rant !
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

TREDZ kindly had offers on last weekend (Bank Holiday), spend x amount and get x amount off. Listed Hope brakes as ‘ available ‘ on their website. So, as they were available, guess what, I ordered one and some rotors.

Phone call yesterday luchtime, “can’t get your brakes Chris, they are on back order with HOPE “. Me – ” how long will that be ?” TREDZ – “Don’t know “.

Is this some sort of sales tactic to get you to part some large and then tell you they available but with no ETA.

Winstanley have them in stock, how difficult can it be ?

Think Im going to bin the limited discount I did get and go to Winstanley and have brakes by Tuesday.

Rubbish if you ask me.
    Havent TREDZ recently been taken over by someone ?

Aliens perhaps ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

1/10
    Ironic,as this is usually Winstanley’s MO.
    No one asked you.
    Yes…halfords.

Nipper99
    Free Member

or Halfords I believe.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Halfrauds you mean !

Anyone on here work for TREDZ …. not that you would perhaps own up to it in a public forum…

rascal
    Free Member

Winstanleys were shite the one time I used them.
    Wouldn’t use again.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I have eaten too many egg sandwiches and feel a bit ill.
    I’d probably eat them again.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve used winstanleys and never had a problem.

shooterman

Simillar scenario here with Tredz. Ordered last weekend to get the discount. No progress by Thursday. Emailed them – out of stock with no ETA.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Cannot wait to see if Winstanleys do the same.

Personally have had good service, and this very situation, from both of them.

Good luck.

astormatt
    Free Member

I have used Tredz the last 3-4 online orders i have done, apart from a few slow despatches of items, haven’t had a problem.
    Will make me think twice next time i do an online order now though

deadkenny
    Free Member

Something I’ve found with online shops that don’t carry as massive stock as CRC, is their stock systems are just quoting what the distributor is quoting to them. They factor in a lead time to get the thing based on their typical delivery time and then quote it as in stock. I’ve been hit a number of times ordering in stock items only to be told they can’t get it for months. Tried numerous stores each time this happens, and same in each of them. Reason is the distributor is out of stock.

The fact some don’t actually carry certain “in stock” items in their warehouse also explains the slow dispatch times in some places. They’re waiting a day or two to get it from distributor and then they ship it.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I did similar with Tredz but in fairness they did email me telling me it would be dispatched sometime between 2nd and 6th Sept………I’m not complaining as long as they honour my order as it was by far and away the cheapest price for the product I ordered.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member
    chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Never had a problem with Winstanleys, but generally go to the shop rather than order online. Used Tredz once, from memory there was a slight delay on delivery but nothing to get wound up about.

chestrockwell

Got some Pikes from Winstanleys a few months back at a great price and had no bother at all.

dallas95
    Free Member

I bought wheels from Winstanleys and as above got them fast and with a mega discount. Would use them again.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Cancelled the order after them not returning my calls and emails. When I did get to speak to them, some 9 days after the order, they still couldn’t give me an ETA of a Hope X2 brake. Total rubbish and wont be going there again !

andyl
    Free Member

One set of my brakes arrived today. An extra set of brake pads would have been a nice apology. Still no sign of the E4’s I ordered though apart from a phone call to say they would be delayed.

Toddboy
    Free Member

When you use the word ‘rant’ in the title then you will be judged by STW. Unfortunately your rant was very weak, almost pathetic.

1/10 must try harder.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘TREDZ – Rant !’ is closed to new replies.