Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • TransDevon?!
  • BruceK
    Free Member

Don’t suppose anyone has either contemplated….or even better, actually riden what I’m rather grandly calling” Trans Devon” ie from North to South (or vice versa) through Exmoor, mid Devon and then Dartmoor, and then onto the coast around Dartmoor/Start Point.

I’ve tried plotting it out at work( having acces to maps) and have got across Exmoor and as far as Dartmoor through a lot of mid-Devon(very difficult to acually use any amount of meaningfull bridle/Byways here I’ve found) Its a 110km so far…eeek..and very, very hilly 🙂

If anyone has any suggestions on routes( or actual Gpx etc) so we can actually get some decent off road sections in, between realistically what will quite a lot of road that would be really helpful.

cheers

bk

Gunz
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden or contemplated until now. If you find a route, please post it up and if it goes near Lifton I’ll make you a cup of tea on the way through.

BruceK
    Free Member

Ta Gunz, might well take you up on that. Looking like a very long weekends riding!

JAG

ermmmm there is the Devon Coast-2-Coast route.

I did it a couple of years ago from Ilfracombe to Plymouth. Most of it is off-road along bridleways and cyclepaths etc….

If you don’t want to do all of it then some of it may help you with your route 😀

Check it out here; Devon Coast-2-Coast

Dibbs
    Free Member

There used to be a guide book (long out of print) with a route from Plymouth to Minehead, across Dartmoor and Exmoor. Try mtbruk.co.uk

BruceK
    Free Member

Cheers, my Google skills are obviously failing me!
    The MTBUK route looks pretty much spot on, so will likely invest in the book
    http://www.mbruk.co.uk/mbruk_WestcountryWay_details.htm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘TransDevon?!’ is closed to new replies.