Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trans provence week total cost.
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Can anyone who has been on this give me a rough idea of how much the entire week costs? Obviously not the cheapest of biking holidays but would be good to know if I feel flush one year.

sprocker
    Free Member

Somebody told me the entrance fee is 1000euro not sure how accurate that is or what included, I know I want to do it

mikewsmith
    Free Member

web page is a bit screwed but extracting what I can read
    http://www.trans-provence.com/dates.shtml

ENTRY APPLICATION FOR MAVIC® TRANS-PROVENCE 2015 IS NOW CLOSED! WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ENTRY APPLICATIONS!

DATES
    Mavic® Trans-Provence 2015 event will take place from Saturday 20th June – Saturday 27th June 2015. The racing takes place from Sunday 21st June – Friday 26th June 2015, inclusive.

PACKAGE
    The 2015 package price is €1595. For this you get the experience of a lifetime, consisting of:

Airport transfers to the start and from the end of the event
    A fully signed 6-day route which passes through a huge variety of different landscapes and contains more singletrack than any other 6-day MTB event.
    Detailed route description booklet
    Groundbreaking multi-timed-stage-per-day format which creates excitement, but equally a friendly and sociable rally-style ambience.
    Vehicle uplifts each morning to the trailhead (intended to maximise the quantity of singletrack we are able to cover daily, not make the route “easier”)
    Use of the Mavic® Trans-Provence event standard 1-man tent and thick air mattress
    Use of all campsite facilities at the quality sites at which our nightly camps are located
    Transportation of your kit bag –clothing and bike equipment– from one camp to the next (i.e. your stuff will be waiting for you when you arrive at camp each afternoon).
    Break-down, transportation and set-up of your tent and air mattress, from one camp to the next (i.e. your tent will already be set up when you arrive at camp each afternoon)
    3 meals prepared for you each day: breakfast, lunch (+ free-choice feeding station salads & snacks) and dinner (with wine) cooked by the best catering team in the MTB holiday/event business
    Snacks and rehydration on arrival at camp
    Care and attention from professional medical staff, where necessary
    Neutral technical support (+ emergency parts) from a team of pro mechanics, courtesy of MAVIC
    Suspension support (forks and rear shocks)
    2015 Trans-Provence event T-shirt
    Final night restaurant meal & evening party, overlooking the Mediterranean coast
    The price does not include flights, bottled/canned drinks or sports massage therapy.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

I would estimate around £2000 including transport and bike fettling

kristoff
    Free Member

Love the look of the event, also like the look of the Bc bike race (Google it if youve not seen) although more xc it has some amazing looking singletrack.

From what I’ve read about the trans provence you also need to allow for some extra rubber. Sven Martin had taken a pic of a pile of tyres where most of the tread was missing/torn off, guess that’s the rocky nature of the route though.

ahsf
    Free Member

The Frenchies don’t enter as the for the same price they can get flights/hotel and entry for the Reunion Island mega Avalacnhe.
    I can say the trails on the Trans Provence are great as been riding down there the last 8 years,you can be unlucky with tyres but then you can also be lucky that racing for you.
    Zee holy trail on day 6 out of Sospel was used in the local enduro in March and it rained heavy and mud tyres was a must, great fun racing the frenchies in wet muddy conditions over 100 didn’t finish.

gary

The Frenchies don’t enter as the for the same price they can get flights/hotel and entry for the Reunion Island mega Avalacnhe.

Not sure that’s a particularly direct comparison in terms of the amount of racing though.

I did the first year, so not sure representative my experience is likely to be, but all I recall having to spend out on over the race price was: flight, beer, snacks, 1 tyre, 1 rear mech. So the £2k estimate up there ought to easily cover it unless you live somewhere the flight will be expensive (or you break parts easily, or drink a lot of beer :-))

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I did the first year, so not sure representative my experience is likely to be, but all I recall having to spend out on over the race price was: flight, beer, snacks, 1 tyre, 1 rear mech. So the £2k estimate up there ought to easily cover it unless you live somewhere the flight will be expensive (or you break parts easily, or drink a lot of beer :-))

That’s about right. Likely less than that for most depending flights and bike parts. Didn’t cost me that much.
    One thing I would say is don’t call it a holiday.. It isn’t. But although on paper it sounds an expensive week biking, once you see the all inclusive logistics they do it great value for money. Ash and the guys do a pretty darned good job. B

gary

But although on paper it sounds an expensive week biking, once you see the all inclusive logistics they do it great value for money. Ash and the guys do a pretty darned good job

Very true.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks all. Thought 2k would cover everything. Well worth the experience.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trans provence week total cost.’ is closed to new replies.