Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trans Cambrian: a which bike thread
  • misterduncan
    Free Member

I’m probably going to take a pop at the TC this year as a day attempt.

I reckon the Crosser might be the best tool for the job, although I suspect I might regret it after twelve hours of being rattled around.

Option B (the one my common sense is steering me towards) is the carbon full sus. It’ll probably be slower on everything but the descents, but a more comfortable ride. I think the best option would be a light short travel hardtail, but I don’t own one!

I’ve never ridden the route before, so I’m judging based on online blogs, photos and Google maps satellite views. Is there anything technical enough to make me regret doing it CX?

Also, while I’m here, any advice / water point info gladly received at planning stage.

Clink

I did it in a day last year on a short travel full sus. Hardtail would be spot on, I think you might suffer on a cx. I was lucky and did after period of dry weather which made going easy – but it was bloody hot!

misterduncan
    Free Member

Do you think I’ll suffer because of technical terrain or is it relentlessly bumpy?

parkesie
    Free Member

It varies from from grass fields dusty/ muddy tracks bogs and rocky descents hard pack and tarmac. A hard tail will do fine as will a short travel fs even a cx bike. Which one you find more comfortable for a 10hr ride is down to you.

mikeryan
    Free Member

I did this stretched over 3 days a while ago. I used my hardtail and i would say it was just right. I did get saddle sore after riding around the reservoir at raeder.

misterduncan
    Free Member

But there is nothing you can’t do on a cx, right?

paul4stones

650B- obviously

misterduncan
    Free Member

Standard or plus?

parkesie
    Free Member

Only a couple of short sections i can see being potential walk down on a cx. Depends how awesumz your skilz are.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trans Cambrian: a which bike thread’ is closed to new replies.