Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Training Manual Authoring company
  • Sui
    Free Member

Does this exist?

Due to some of the complexity in the business i work for and the unfortunate attrition in a particular role (details are long and boring), i need to get a training manual written up. The training manual is effectively my brain + some other sources of info that is readily available. I don’t really have the time do do this myself in the detail it needs, so i want a company that has a background in the subject matter that can go away with the quirks of the business and devise a training manual (and implement training).

For info, it’s a logistics role that needs good understanding of excise, import export rules, transportation and around legislation on carbon credits.

Its a bit moon on the stick..

cheers Sui.

poly
    Free Member

It sounds like you are looking for a “technical writer”. I’m not sure if you’ll find one with the background in Export/Customs/Logistics you are hoping for. You should be able to find a freelancer though. Don’t underestimate the time and cost involved though!

stever
    Free Member

I used to be a Tech Writer – these people will do what you need or recruit one for you: https://www.cherryleaf.com/

PePPeR

Funnily enough I have a friend who does this sort of work.

I’m not sure of his particlar details but if you mail me a few more details, I’ll ask him.

Sui
    Free Member

cheers Guys, much appreciated, that Cheryl Leaf came up in a google search as well!

Pepper i’ll pop an IM through tomorrow.

ta

singletrackmind

http://www.edissero.com/

Maybe more computer program based but they may be able to help

cookeaa

We call them “Technical Authors” TBH they seem to range from Engineers with an ability to write succinctly using proper grammar, to chancers who can just about use MS word…

I would try looking for an agency that deals with technical disciplines, it should be a short task contract to cover the writing of a technical manual to your specifications and approval… Don’t recruit one as a staffy not unless you have a long term need for someone who drags every job out and bores you to tears telling you about the new company report templates…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Training Manual Authoring company’ is closed to new replies.