Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Training for an Enduro
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I appear to have entered the King/Queen of the Hill Race at Tweedlove in May… The realisation has now dawned on me that I should probably really do some training for it. So how does one train for an enduro? Just ride lots on as wide a variety of trails as possible? And maybe get Jedi’d? (I was planning on that anyway, this might just be a good excuse :D)

thomthumb
    Free Member

gravity enduro or XC enduro?

quick answer before the argument starts. 🙄

flyingmonkeycorps

Gravity. Though there are uphill timed sections.

DrP

Make sure the engine has enough fuel and oil, and the air filters are clean……

😉

DrP

I_Ache
    Free Member

I plan to do Rd 5 of the UK Gravity Enduro and my training plan will probably consist of going to the local DH track once or maybe twice a week hammering the downs and trying to ride back up. All on my AM bike.

legend
    Free Member

Gravity. Though there are uphill timed sections.

That, combined with the fact that they have planned this race for the same weekend as 10UTB AND the Hamsterley UK gravity race, has been enough to make me go elsewhere. Way to dilute the field guys!

Other than that, riding up and down hills fast is fun training 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

That, combined with the fact that they have planned this race for the same weekend as 10UTB AND the Hamsterley UK gravity race, has been enough to make me go elsewhere. Way to dilute the field guys!

Other than that, riding up and down hills fast is fun training

Hmm. I wonder if that makes it more or less likely that I’ll finish last?

I think I’ll just use it as an excuse / motivator to ride my bike more… Ride to the trails instead of driving, stomp up the hills etc.

I_Ache
    Free Member

ride my bike more

This is probably the best way to train for it. I have been doing this since may as I am trying to always have a big ride on the horizon. Hopefully by the time I race I will be quite fit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Training for an Enduro’ is closed to new replies.