Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Trail/Road Condition FoD
  • sp
    Free Member

Hi anybody local to the FoD able to advise on Trail/Road conditions. Considering going there tomorrow, have you had much snow, will come in via the A40/Lydbrook to Cannop.

sp
    Free Member

Bump

Brown
    Free Member

If you’re heading for the Fodca trail, I’m pretty sure it’s shut for logging at the mo. Can’t remember where I read that though.

sp
    Free Member

Hi thanks for that – will ride the natural stuff 😉

iDrew
    Free Member

Another 4-5″ of snow today. Photo taken 9:30 this morning.

No local roads have been gritted so driving anywhere is a problem at the moment.

sp
    Free Member

Thanks iDrew, looks dicey, decisions, decisions 😕

psling
    Free Member

The Wyedean Rally takes place in the FoD tommorrow (Saturday) so riding opportunities will be very limited.

A stage in the woods behind the Cycle Centre starts at approx. 10.00am and then there are stages in the woods over the road from the Cycle Centre and behind the Speech House for most of the day.

The A40 / A4136 are passable now but will likely be icy early tommorrow. I would seriously suggest leaving it til Sunday if you can.

sp
    Free Member

Thanks psling (it is me, Steve)

psling
    Free Member

Hi Steve, my pleasure 😉

Plenty of lovely snow here though ~ it’s going to be seriously mucky when it thaws!

Peter

mattsccm
    Free Member

don’t bother Saturday unless you know where to avoid ie 3 of the quarters around Cannop cross. Plenty of snow and its freezing now. No grit on many roads. Bound to be hard work in woods. Recommend waiting til Sunday.

psling
    Free Member

Hi Matt. I’m amazed the Wyedean is going ahead given the conditions but they’ve confirmed it’s on, just starting one hour later than scheduled. Could be interesting!

sp
    Free Member

Thank you mattsccm

psling, would you mind dropping me an email some time, I need to get a group ride together. My email is in my profile. Thanks

mattsccm
    Free Member

There’s going to be carnage. And that’s just the spectators. Here in Bream the roads are still ungrited. Just imagine what all those 😆 spectators are going to be doing. Hatchbacks in every ditch and Imprezzas up every tree. I can’t wait. Maybe I need to get the Landy and tow rope out and make a few bob.

sp
    Free Member

Well we made the effort and it sure was worth it, as advised it was heavy going but two grown blokes larking about in real snow, priceless 😆

psling
    Free Member

…it was heavy going …

Sure was, wasn’t it. I rode out to take in a few stages of the rally, ended up mostly walking up the hill from the Wye Valley to Yat Rock [coffee & Cake 😉 ] and again from the Cannop Valley up towards Edge End on the way home. Had a few wipe-outs in the snow and a few pedalling-furiously-and-not-going-anywhere moments. Great fun! 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

And its snowing agin!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Trail/Road Condition FoD’ is closed to new replies.