Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trailgators
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Are they all the same, or did the versions change at some point? Looking on ebay, many of the pics seem as though they either aren’t showing all the mountings, or the mounting system has changed.

Are they the only option for towing a bike?

garage-dweller

Follow me

More expensive but very nice quality and brilliant for towing duties 12-20 inch wheels.

garage-dweller
    molgrips
    Free Member

When second hand trailgators are £30 on ebay, £180 for a follow me is a bit steep! What’s the advantage in use?

garage-dweller

Well in fairness there is that “small” cost difference. Ours was a gift from my parents (keen cyclists themselves) and has gone to my sister now ours are self sufficient so it’ll do four kids before resale.

I’ve not tried a trail gator but every one I see including friends who’ve had them one or both of adult and child are riding off upright.

The design of the follow me means the trailer bike cannot really get vertically out of line in normal riding along. For Mrs gd, not an experienced rider, she could manage towing duties and still be comfortable and not fighting the bike even when the kids clowned around behind.

If I was planning on towing a lot/any distance I would have another.

bencooper
    Free Member

The Follow-Me is great – attached low down, it won’t jack up the rear wheel when you brake. It’s also very, very solid and the bike is held properly upright – Trailgators seem to only vaguely hold the following bike. We’ve done 30mph and some pretty rough singletrack with ours, wouldn’t trust a Trailgator with that.

pnik

We had a trailgator used it about twice was awful, could not get it straight, i had to work really hard on the front to compensate. This is more than a decade ago though so design should have improved, coupled with possible just an unlucky match with the headtube on kids bike. She gets her a level results today, so yes id like to think theyve improved. Wegave up and used a proper tag along or seperate bikes.

molgrips
    Free Member

They always looked crap to me, we bought a tagalong, but now the youngest can ride her own bike it might be advantageous to be able to tow her when she gets tired…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trailgators’ is closed to new replies.