Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • Trail vid with Assault @ the end your thoughts please!
  • hugor
    Free Member

Anyone who’s ever tried filming someone with a gopro will realise that you have to get real (like dangerously) close to get good footage as the camera optics make the front rider look quite far away.
    The rear rider must have been right on his wheel to get this footage.

Camera guy was too quick with repeat requests to get past when the front rider probably had every intention to let him through at the next opportunity.
    I’ve had knobs like that behind me as well and its pretty irritating.
    Glad he got owned and I’m sure he’ll think twice about it next time.

As for the willy waving about the front rider’s skills look at what he’s riding compared to the very bouncy rear rider – I think he’s doing ok really.

I think the rear rider got what he deserved. He could have walked away with a poke on his chest if he knew when to shut up.

Please keep the kiwi/aussie/colonial racist comments to yourself too people.

wrecker
    Free Member

Someone has got to do a “THIS IS SPARTA” edit. Pleeeeeease.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Same old rubbish, guy behind refuses to accept any responsibility.
    He should have hung back, there is no “right of way”.

Guy in front could have easily given way a number of times without hindering his progress.

Both of them should have their bike taken off them and made to ride Raleigh Shoppers for the rest of their lives.

Brainflex
    palookah
    Free Member

It’s blindingly obvious; or rather should be.

Treat others with some modicum of respect, if you don’t and the recipient is a gobshyte like yourself and bigger – expect a slap.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

That sums it up well.

drdjpower

To try and add some kindness and pro-NZ feeling having just spent a few months in Christchurch…

That’s the Flying Nun. It’s awesome. Fast and smooth, with plenty of chances for gnarlcore, radsickness, or other special words for riding your bicycle in the air. Me and my $400 Hardrock loved it, and regularly embedded bits of ourselves on the rocks to prove it.

Chch has been very messed up with earthquakes recently, they’re still happening, and it puts people a bit on edge. It’s also resulted in most of the really good local Port Hills tracks being closed. So the result is that you get lots of uptight people who aren’t used to sharing, and they’re squeezed into <25% of the normal local trail network. Bee Boy had just slogged and sweated up tarmac and fireroad to earn his 5 minutes of descending heroism back to his car. It’s the only (?) bit of reddish jumpy descent available at the minute.

So they are both nobs, but they and the situation they are in might be more unusual than you’d think. When I was there (last Aug-Jan) everyone
    I met on a bike was polite, friendly, and encouraging.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Late to this but my two pence worth
    The guy behind is much faster he visibly speeds up when he is free in the middle – how did he get back in front.
    TBH if i was the one in front i would let him past if i was the one behind I would stop and get a good run.

No defence for the assault at that ed thouh whatever your vie wof previous behaviour and he was quite rude.

NZCol

It’s ChCh, everyone is stressed to te max. Pathetic from both of them really but not exactly a common occurrence.

ask1974
    Free Member

Quite interested to see how this turns out.

Arrest made

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Friend who is living in Christchurch area echoes DrDJpower’s comment – he is seeing more aggro on the trails (and generally) as more people are stressed out.

Fat MAMIL needs to chill a fair bit, semi-gnar boy was silly but theres a fair line between being a prat verbally and taking a swing.

Not surprised at the support on this forum however given the fair demographic match 😉 Instead of raging he should join here and post self-affirming threads about how unfashionable his bar-ends/lycra/gearing are.

Trampus
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Trail vid with Assault @ the end your thoughts please!’ is closed to new replies.