Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 172 total)
  • Trail vid with Assault @ the end your thoughts please!
  • postierich
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPLYStAuZt0&sns=em

Both of them going @ a fairly decent speed,I,m probably in the camp of the first guy in front the other chap could have taken a tea/fag break.

Dancake
    Free Member

Unneccesary comment from the bloke behind – . disproportionate response from the bloke in front.

bedmaker

Bar ends at a trail centre? I’d definately have battered him for that.

spooky_b329

The guy following is being a total knob, but then the guy in front obviously has issues…any sane person would have let the other rider go in front at the point where they had the first tangle.

At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter what was said during or at the end, the attacker should have just walked away. There was no self-defence or anything, it was an attack.

diablocableguy

The cameraman really should have taken 60 seconds and let yellow jersey carry on, but darn that guy needs to take a chill pill. Completly uncalled for.

lardman
    Free Member

errr… trails are not a race track, so unless this was a closed/race trail….. the bloke behind was being a bit of a knob. ALl he had to do was wait a few mins before riding off.

BUT, no one needs to hit anyone else. It’s just a matter of intelligence. Neither of them exhibiting much in this vid.

Having said that, it’s really annoying when some bloke is just going a bit too slow in front of you, and cant work out how easy it would be to let you past.

skywalker
    Free Member

All mouth no trousers, then screams like a bitch when he gets owned 😆

trailmonkey

that camera angle was way too short.

guy behind = bulb end.

andrewmoke
    Free Member

I like the trail, where is it?

ComradeD
    Free Member

It’s making quite a bit of news in New Zealand with the help of reddit.

Stuff

3 News

carlphillips
    Free Member

Guy following should have dropped back, waited and given enough space IMO.

MSP

Guy behind created the confrontation, and got his comeuppance.

khani
    Free Member

C.O.A…

robsoctane
    Free Member

Hmm, video mam was in for a shock, eh? Very unnecessary action from the rider in orange. +1 for bar end comment above.

Camera guy, get that wa£k£$* to court. Or next time ‘rider on the left’ 😉

My wife noticed: guy in front messes up big style going up the rise and just gets so angry he takes it out on the only one around. still, that’s no good.

He’s older, less fit, his bike’s crap and he hasn’t got a camera – there’s your answer!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Well, they both seem like bell-ends to me.
    The angry bumble bee one has got the better aero bulge though.

gingerss
    Free Member

The bloke in front seems the sort of ignorant tool you need to learn to deal with in life. There are many of them about, mostly sitting in the middle lane of the motorway.

As such, the situation was handled badly by the faster rider who upon seeing his calls were getting nowhere should have taken a few minutes before continuing.

jam-bo

Meh. Guy behind started something he couldn’t finish.

bedmaker

He’s older, less fit, his bike’s crap and he hasn’t got a camera – there’s your answer!

No reverb either. No wonder he is raging.
    I bet he gets in a state when people try to overtake his Zafira too. 🙂

orangeboy
    Free Member

Both a bit dum.
    Not seen anything like that in the uk yet. Buy guess it’s only a matter of time

gus
    Free Member

Like people are saying the guy should of dropped back and bit his tounge.
    Mind you if he was that good he should of been able to easily overtake on some of those sections where the trail split.
    Bumble bee guy has issues!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Both were cocks.
    But the guy behind caused it.
    No need to rag up behind someone and try to pass on public singletrack.

smell_it
    Free Member

Fat people are always angry.

devs
    Free Member

Nice trails. Bit narrow though eh? Guy at the back should have just stopped and waited for 5 mins, does he expect all other slower riders in front to stop and pull aside so that he can have an uninterrupted run?

mudshark
    Free Member

This will become more common as people move to Strava…. 😉

If I’d been in front I’d have pulled over, if I’d been behind I’d have held back; worra wimp.

Pauly

Guy behind should have stopped and taken a couple of minutes.

headfirst
    Free Member

Fat people are always angry.

I’m fat and I’m jolly! You **** starting something?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Problem with riding someone’s back wheel is that you never know what sort of day they’ve had! For all we know the guy in front could just have lost his job, been told by his wife that she’s leaving etc – there’s never any guarantee that giving someone a hard time isn’t going to make you “the straw that broke the camel’s back”. Stripey Shirt’s reaction might be completely over the top, but Video Man triggered the confrontation, then couldn’t manage the consequences, and got left squealing like a little girl on camera while a chubby man in lycra works him over. Not sure I’d have shared that vid for the world to see!

user-removed
    Free Member

I guess IF I had saved for months to buy a GoPro cam*, then winched to the top of my favourite bit of singletrack in high hopes of getting some footage of swoopy, interrupted gnarr-ness, and I very politely asked to squeeze by a MAMIL, and the request was denied, I’d get a bit lairy too.

That said, when he comes accross him for the second time, he is most deffo in the wrong for exacerbating the situation.

*I haven’t and don’t own one.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

The guy at the back had verbal diarrhea the guy in front was probably wound up by the idiot behind and over reacted, should’ve let him past with a few choice words of wisdom.

wrecker
    Free Member

When tools collide……….

sputnik
    Free Member

Refused to let someone pass and then assaults said person , yellow man is a knob.
    Flying Nun looks ace.

thegman67

if your going to start mouthing off to people and tell them u will run them off the trail u at the very least must be able to back up ur threats

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

im sure i saw harry hill in that vid somewhere … i’ll bet He started it the bluddy baldy sh*tstirrer 😆

This sort of thing should be a discipline on the Olympics. A ride then a battle. I’d watch it

convert

Not sure I’d have shared that vid for the world to see!

This 😀 Why would you upload a vid of yourself getting owned by a middle aged fat dude and squealing like a little girl?

No winners here! Sad thing is that trail looked ace and both would have got to the bottom with ear to ear grins had just one of them had any common sense.

redfordrider
    Free Member

So what is this trail etiquette thing? Should slower riders let faster riders pass? This seems to be the norm where I ride and everyone seems happy. Of course I mostly overtake riders going up, but they get to pass me going down – so it’s nice to be nice.

Video man had a few chances to overtake, but should have stopped and waited if he couldn’t do it safely.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve seen that guy at the back before:

zippykona

Foreigners. Very tempremantal.

boxfish
    Free Member

if your going to start mouthing off to people and tell them u will run them off the trail u at the very least must be able to back up ur threats

This. Pair of eejits, but Mr GoPro was architect of his own demise.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Bumble Beed dude strikes me as being a nasty piece of work. The kind of guy who if he thought he could get away with assault wouldn’t think twice about it.

The lad following needs to learn recognise this kind of tool & to stear clear of them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Trail vid with Assault @ the end your thoughts please!’ is closed to new replies.