Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trail Helmet recommendations
  • norbert-colon

Ok, so after an unexpected ‘tree – helmet interface’ yesterday, I am now in need of a new helmet 🙁 It was a Giro Hex and did a good job, as I am okay apart from a stiff neck, rather than concussed and drinking through a straw.

So, what do the masses recommend, just another Hex (As I have now tested their operation) or is there an alternative to them now, for similar budget.

Thanks folks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Usual, one that fits rule.
    On a Bell super but too warm for 25c+ riding. Fox Flux & Stiker are good allround but light alternatives

norbert-colon

Had seen the foxes… any views as to whether they are more/less comfy than a Hex?

I do run hot, so I guess the Bell would be out for me.

Tempted to just pick up another hex as I know it fits/works.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had seen the foxes… any views as to whether they are more/less comfy than a Hex?

depends on your head

norbert-colon

He he. Well I’ve got one, if that is any help?

‘spose I’d better go and do some trying on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well done you have worked out the way to test out helmet fit and comfort

norbert-colon

And you have gone to top of the class for patronisationisim 😉

I was only trying to work out which ones to look at, which I now do so cheers for the pointers, much appreciated.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah I know I tried the suggestions but they generally never fitted or what did wasn’t good or vice versa. It’s a really specific world for fit.

teamslug
    Free Member

Ive just got a 661 recon. Think I’ve got quite a round head!!( 60cm )and got a large and its one of the best fitting helmets I’ve had. Could never get on with Giro previously. IME helmets are like saddles , very much a personal fit thing

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tick. Athlon is getting a bit old and thought something with a bit more coverage might be useful.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trail Helmet recommendations’ is closed to new replies.