Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Trail Helmet choice?
  • bur70n
    Free Member

What Kask OP due to you have?

You can fit a visor MTB style to certain models which is what I am thinking of doing so not to waste more money on another helmet, was then wondering if the Kask would be upto the protection I would need off road.

wrecker
    Free Member

I want a TLD A1. Tried one on recently and it felt REALLY comfy.
    I just can’t get past the colours. It’s like the graphics designers are 12 year old marvel comic fans.

medoramas
    Free Member

I just can’t get past the colours. It’s like the graphics designers are 12 year old marvel comic fans.

What year models did you try?

2014 and 2015 come in nice colour schemes.

wrecker
    Free Member

2014 and 2015 come in nice colour schemes.

Ah. I’ll check again. Ta.

koldun
    Free Member

+1 on the IXS Trail. I find it sits low at the front if i don’t adjust it properly though.

Had a met before (i forget the model) which i split getting cosy with a tree, my head was fine though so i guess thats a recommendation 🙂

nairnster
    Free Member

Just got a Fox Flux as a birthday present to replace an old giro havoc. Although its heavier, i cant notice once on, fits me really well and is no hotter than the giro.

Bell super just didnt fit me at the sides, like they are made for narrow heads.

Deveron53
    Free Member

The Bluegrass Goldeneye is the basis of the new Met Parachute. They both have the rubber forehead grip thing instead of foam. Brilliant attempt at head gripping and sweat management but… Why put two ‘slots’ in the strip just above where most people’s eyes are? Two rivers of sweat right in the lamps!

munrobiker
    Free Member

What helmet do you have at the minute?

I have just come from a Met Kaos and a Veleno, which I replaced a Giro with, back to a Giro Xar. The Met helmets I had gave me headaches. Now I’m back on the Xar I have none of that, and I’m really happy with it- it was about £50 in a sale, it’s much better vented than a lot of the enduro style helmets like a Troy Lee and it’s light. However, if you currently have a Met or a Bluegrass and it’s comfy it probably won’t suit you. Conversely if you currently have a Giro it’ll be great, and Met/Bluegrass helmets will be uncomfortable- no one in my riding group gets on with them.

wrecker
    Free Member

I had a flux and changed to a striker. Most of the coverage for noticeably less weight.

fathomer

wrecker – Member
    I want a TLD A1. Tried one on recently and it felt REALLY comfy.

Have a look at the ‘drone’ colours, I was in the same boat and ended up with the most boring grey one. So comfy though.

rhayter

The IXS Trail RS is a cracking helmet for the money. It’s comfortable and well ventilated and gives good coverage.

I really wanted a Troy Lee A1 Drone in red. Soon comfortable and secure-feeling, but I looked like this:

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Trail Helmet choice?’ is closed to new replies.