Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Trail conditions at Kirroughtree and Drumlanrig?
  • Horse
    Free Member

Ok, off up to Scotland last weekend of this month, looking at Kirroughtree and Drumlanrig, waste of time? Big thaw? Am I being a wuss for asking?

H

forge197
    Free Member

I went on foot to Dalbeattie yesterday, car park shut, went and walked some trails but basically sheet ice under a dusting of snow.

Today we had a mini-thaw but it's freezing tonight will be checking the trails Wednesday morning.

You've got two weeks till you come I would ask nearer the time it changes pretty quickly. Though some of the sheet ice on the forest roads it thick and the carpark sheet ice is also thick.

forge197
    Free Member

Appreciate that isn't either trail you asked about but it's in betweenish

also check
    http://7stanes.blogspot.com/ and
    http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/website/forestry.nsf/byunique/achs-5rnejx

Horse
    Free Member

Cheers, will be checking nearer the time, and ringing the shop at Kirroughtree, we're just debating about booking the accomodation that's all.

forge197
    Free Member

I see, I will update this thread after my Wednesday visit be in the evening.

Horse
    Free Member

cheers forge

forge197
    Free Member

Car park at dalbeattie is still closed and has ice all over it slow thaw still not complete!!

The 7stanes Blog has just been update with the latest news from around the trails

Horse
    Free Member

Cheers, think we're going to risk it

forge197
    Free Member

If it's as warm "in the context" of winter this weekend then it should thaw a bit more this weekend, hope so would love to get back out on the trails, been a long time!!

Horse
    Free Member

Looking good, it's gonna be redders this weekend (well, 7 deg)….

Trekster

Bad news

Snowing again in Dumfries

Town almost at a standstill this morning

Horse
    Free Member

cooooooooooooooooooock

forge197
    Free Member

Was chaos in town this am 😯

When I left for work it was white and when I got home albeit in the dark the grass is showing again so it's snowed and thawed a fair bit in a day, it's now a mix of snow, ice, slush and water, hoping it doesn't freeze to much tonight or it's going to be a heap of fun tomorrow.

forge197
    Free Member

Ice gone from car park, did an on foot inspection this PM, there are ice patches in places on the trail, but going to head out and do a full lap legs permitting and see what the rest of it's like.

Can't believe how fast the thick ice has thawed though judging by the river levels I can see where it gone!!

Horse
    Free Member

Thanks for keeping us posted Forge

Cronin
    Free Member

Rode Kirroughtree black (and red) yesterday – Sunday. All trails very rideable, just a few small sections of rapidly thawing ice to negotiate mainly on fire roads, but that was easily done.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Trail conditions at Kirroughtree and Drumlanrig?’ is closed to new replies.