• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Kip.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Toy Storytrackworld – Buzz Lightyear query
  • Kip

Just bought Kip Jr a Buzz Lightyear toy as requested for her 4th birthday. It was from a well known internet auction site and seems in tip top condition apart from a couple of slight grazes and needing to glue back a tiny bit of sticker. She won’t notice either. Basically I’m well chuffed with it. Only thing is, his waist, knees and ankles click when you move them and they take a bit of force. Is this normal? I think yes, so he will stand up, but would a squirt of JL69 (or any other do it all spray of choice) help or hinder?

Any advice gratefully received. He is the grey, green and purple one without a utility belt (the first Toy Story I think).

Cheers.

Harry_the_Spider

My lad has had his for 6 years (same model by the sounds of it). The joints click and he can still stand up after a lot of play/abuse.

The wing retraction locking mechanism however broke ages ago.

carlosg
    Free Member

Just checked our series 1 Buzz , it’s meant to be clicky. Give it a couple of weeks and most of the fingers will have broken off and then the wings either won’t popout or won’t lock back in.
    Other than that they’re brilliant and have given my 2 boys hours of fun.

Kip

Cheers people! Just getting rid of pen marks and scrapes and he looks ace. Completely intact too so previous owner wa clearly a lot better with their toys than I anticipate Kip Jr will be!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Don’t spray solvent/oil on polymers, it might change the colour, cause weakening or increase friction if it’s too light an oil.

nealglover
    Free Member

Just getting rid of pen marks

😯

:mrgreen:

Kip

Not quite that model so no Andy unfortunately! All good for everything else though and no lube required!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Toy Storytrackworld – Buzz Lightyear query’ is closed to new replies.