• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Tour De Ben Nevis 22nd Sept 2012
  • redsank
    Free Member

Tour De Ben Nevis: a personal challenge completed so really happy i’ve done it on my 29er Specialized Epic thanks to Pedal Sports at King Cross Halifax..
    We were welcomed with bag pipes and blue Spanish skies only thing were we were in Scotland ready circumnavigate Ben Nevis. A gentle start and then a steady climb to Kinglochleven before the tricky descent (walk/ride). Another hill climb (tarmac) before a pit stop where we filled up with water then a fairly long off road climb down to the river (20 miles). After the river was the dark moment of ‘hike a bike’ a 2 mile climb/walk/ride a bit but a real tst of ones self belief and inner strength I’m glad i got to the other end. Plenty of sausages but nothing veggie 🙁 from here it was pretty straight forward apart from the tricky World Cup XC descent. A total of 43 miles, blue skies 12-15c perfect conditions great people. Would I do it again next year? Yep ? Word of warning make sure you take plenty of food (pasta) especially if your going to be out for 7 hours because the feed stations don’t have much ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Tour De Ben Nevis 22nd Sept 2012’ is closed to new replies.