Home Forums Bike Forum Torridonian Aficianado's pics please!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Torridonian Aficianado's pics please!
  • fergal
    Free Member

Any kind hearted Torridonian veterans like to post a few pics, thank you for the inspiration in advance.

robgarrioch

1st 8 of this set[/url] are from the Coulags – Annat stretch (followed by a couple from the ‘east-half-brilliant, west-half-awful’ Diabaig – Red Point path). Covered in master 13th’s great series from last year, here.

Anyway, this was about the best one I got, looking down the Annat descent section –

[/url]

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve got some on flickr steven160275

debaser

Only a week until I’m over in Wester Ross based at Diabeg for 7 days so I’m in here for inspiration too. Those photos have whetted my appetite nicely.

Hopefully post some photos of my own on my return.

robgarrioch

Debaser, I know myself + 13th keep banging on about the path from Diabaig to Craig, but you’ll definitely want to do a couple of out-n-backs if you’re only at Diabaig…

[/url]

Don’t bother with the Craig to Red Point section unless it’s vital… I’m up home (Opinan) next weekend too, on’t motorbike unfortunately. Gies a yell if you’re nearby-ish Saturday / Sunday (Badachro Inn, cracking pint), or look out for a badly ridden Africa Twin!

[/url]

Gordymac
    Free Member

Here are some from our last ride over in Torridon[/url]

Gordymac

DavidM
    Free Member

This time last year. We are heading back next week/the one after. I assume the weather will be identical.

debaser

Aye Rob, was speaking to 13thfloormonk about the diabeg to Craig (but definitely not all the way to red point unless you like pushing) route on a ride recently. Looks and sounds great, love trails with exposed bedrock… will definitely be giving it a shot or two if it’s as good as promised.

Never visited the badacrro, but it’s beery reputation precedes it. Will give you a shout for a pint if I’m up that way. Hoping its good riding weather anyway, enjoy your run up on the bike.

debaser

Some photos from a couple of rides in Torridon last week…

Diabaig to Craig and back – Thanks for the recommendations 13thfloormonk and robgarrioch. I was pretty much blown away by this trail, a real technical challenge which was really frustrating in places but incredibly satisfying to clean sections of. Some of it is just sublime riding, with a few sections above my skill level and some I think most would have to dismount for.

Coulags to Annat (with a little detour up to the Bealach Ban) – Had read lots about the descent from the Bealach Na Lice to Annat so I thought I would have to give this one a go while in the area.

Nice climb from Coulags with lots of water bars and steep rocky sections to keep you on your toes. Met a couple of ladies from the Lakes by the bothy who were mtb touring with panniers… I don’t think they were enjoying the drainage channels very much. They kindly offered me a cup of tea and we had a blether about the riding/bothies in the area. I suggested that they might be better off ditching their gear before heading up any further. Don’t know if they persevered but the next km or so was a pretty annoying push/carry/ride 20m then falter affair, even on an unladen bike.

It was a stunning day so I decided to head up towards Coire Grannda instead of straight through the Bealach Na Lice. I rode across the head of Coire Fionnaraich and then carried up as far as the Bealach Ban and enjoyed the views over to Liathach before heading back down the very steep and loose descent to Bealach Na Lice.

Looking down towards Coulags from the Bealach Ban.

The descent from Bealach Ban. Steep, loose, rocky and lots of fun.

Singletrack past Loch An Eion.

Will definitely be back for more.

The Ben Eighe ridge from Spidean Coire nan Clach (left the bike behind for this one)

13thfloormonk

Thats a brilliant last shot! Think I’ll need to spend a week with the boots and bike up ther next year.

Don’t remember that seciton of the Craig path, looks even better than I remembered it!

robgarrioch

Great stuff Al – ‘next time’ ( 🙄 ) I do Torridon I think it’ll be up from Coulin estate (‘twixt Torridon and Kinlochewe), then cut across west rather than down to Coulags… though I hear the descent to Achnashellach is one of the best. Next year… next year.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

A few pics from Coulin – Achnashellach – Coulags – Annat loop from a few weeks back. 52km of fantastic riding

[/url]
    P6180024[/url] by michaelpark41[/url], on Flickr

[/url]
    P6180037[/url] by michaelpark41[/url], on Flickr

[/url]
    P6180040[/url] by michaelpark41[/url], on Flickr

[/url]
    P6180014[/url] by michaelpark41[/url], on Flickr

[/url]
    P6180028[/url] by michaelpark41[/url], on Flickr

[/url]
    P6180059[/url] by michaelpark41[/url], on Flickr

matthew_h
    Free Member

For some amazing landscape shots from Torridon and the surrounding area have a look at this chap’s photos. He’s a very talented fellow.

http://www.stevecarter.com/photos.htm

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Torridonian Aficianado's pics please!’ is closed to new replies.