Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TORQ in your sleep – whats the course like?
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

Did anyone do the Gorrick TORQ in your sleep race last year? I’m toying with entering as a solo male and was just wondering how brutal the course was?

Mainly wondering how “climby” it is as the thought of spending 12 hours dragging up climbs does not fill me with joy.

weeksy

Unlikely to be too bad.. in simplest terms, there’s not that many huge hills around Gorricks areas.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hmmmm, I did the Gorrick 100 and that was fine with one exception – the wall…. I’m just keen to know whether it’s flatish or whether there are some evil climbs (no matter how short).

weeksy

well look at it this way…. you’ve got to go either up, down or flat….

IF you want just downs… then go to the Alps 😉

Obviously there are always some short killer hills over that way…

Jason
    Free Member

I would say it is a bit easier than the Gorrick100 course. There is nothing like Swinley’s Wall. I can only remember one nasty climb, a very short steep section at the end of a section of single track. Gorrick have last years course map on their website, that should give you an idea of the sort of hills. I was riding over there last night and it has dried up very well, it is actually dusty in places!

scud
    Free Member

There is one little climb of about 25-30m, which is steepish and it got greasy and chewed up last year when then it rained at the start but it then drops into some great singletrack.

There are a few more easier climbs including one that starts on a fireroad and leads of onto a singletrack climb, but nothing too bad.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d echo Jason’s thoughts, it’s a great event, do it!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Thanks chaps 🙂

I’ll get signed up.

theotherjonv

I was out that way last weekend and did a lap of one of the previous courses. Total climb according to my Garmin would be about 250m per lap, as an estimate from the total climb for the ride as a whole.

No major climbs but not many long flat sections either, you tend to either be going gently up or gently down. plenty of singletrack though, which gets the heart pumping too if you want it to.

rickon
    Free Member

Yep – echo the comments made above. I had problems with the course, but only because I live in Wales, so all my training and riding was hill related, and didn’t quite prepare myself for how flat Gorrick was… I was used to switching off on long grindy climbs, but there aren’t any on the Gorrick course.

I’m sure I’d love it now I know what to expect, and would adjust my training to suit – it’s nothing like as flat as Thetford, just gradual up and gradual down – if you like that sort of thing it’s brilliant 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TORQ in your sleep – whats the course like?’ is closed to new replies.