Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Tora 318 Oil Seal Help
  • awesom-o
    Free Member

I have a set of 2007 Tora 318 29er forks…I was stripping/cleaning them and ripped one of the fork seals. I bought a replacement seal kit from TF Tuned http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Shop-RockShox/RockShox/Tora-Parts which included two extra oil seals. The guy from TF said the oil seals go in first, then the foam rings then the main wiper seals. It looked very straight-forward but the oil seals are a really tight fit and I can barely get them past the top lip (they’re well lubed will oil). Am I missing something here? The foam rings that came with the replacement kit are much thinner than the original ones so if I leave the oil seals out, the foam rings will be floating around underneath the wiper seal. Anyone been down this road?

Apologies if this has been covered already, I couldn’t find anything in the manuals, google or other posts.

awesom-o
    Free Member

Nevermind…it turns out you need He-man’s right arm and a special tool to get them in(I botched something together from other bit and pieces)…I’m not looking forward to getting these out again on the next service 😯

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Tora 318 Oil Seal Help’ is closed to new replies.