Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Topeak Torque Wrench?
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

After knackering yet another bike part I am thinking of getting a torque wrench…
    This one caught my eye: http://www.topeak.com/products/Homeshop-Tools/combotorq_bit_set
    Has anybody any experience of it?
    It will only ever be for a bit of basic home maintenenance as I am a man of 10 thumbs when it comes to mechanics, I have looked at the better M Part ones at £35ish but I would rather spend less if I can.
    I am very aware of the buy cheap buy twice conundrum but this really would be tightening handlebars, seatposts pretty much.

jeffl

I got one of these last week. Cheapest place I could find with it in stock (delivered to store) was Halfords. Already have a big torque wrench from car stuff but needed a low torque one. Think it goes up to 14nm.

It’s probably not the most accurate thing, compared to a normal clicky torque wrench. Plus can be a bit unwieldy to use. However for a rough ball park figure it’s pretty good. Used it on some crank pinch bolts and a rear mech. Nothing has been crushed or come lose yet.

slowclimb
    Free Member

Thats great jeffl, thats what I reckoned. I think I’ll go to Halfords tomorrow. I’ve probably destroyed more than the cost of a good torque kit already breaking things 🙁

jeffl

Make sure you order it in as I don’t think they keep them in stock in all stores.

slowclimb
    Free Member

I’ll do that, cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Topeak Torque Wrench?’ is closed to new replies.