Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Top service from The Bike Chain
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

probably not news to much of STW but anyway…

ordered some G-form knee pads from TBC, already on sale and even cheaper with their code. Went a size up after reading STW thread. Got em thru (XL) and they felt too loose. Sent em back with an exchange request.

Got a confirmation of receipt email from them, which I would expect. Then got a call from Mark apologising (for my error!) and letting me know they had L in stock and had got a pair in the post to me.

Got the new pair through, with a hand written note from Mark hoping they work out, and a free promo bottle of lube thrown in.

Very impressed, if they take this much pride and care in a 30-odd quid order they must be joy to deal with for proper purchases. Top of my list for future orders and if they weren’t 300 miles away would be LBS of choice.

portydave
    Free Member

Seconded. I had an urgent requirement for some zesty bushes over the festive period, and given the dodgy post at the time mark dropped some of with me in Aberdeen while he was up visiting.

First class service

chickenman

Should have seen their service after my £5,000 bike purchase…(sitting here, hands behind head, feet up, still feeling the afterglow!!!! 8)
    PS:Story made up and offered purely for comic effect!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yep had great service from em – first port of call when my local cant help ……

Rickos
    Free Member

Just never try to play scrabble with him. You have been warned!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Mantastic
    Free Member

I live in Worcestershire in England and had better service and communication from them than the LBS just round the corner. Mark managed 2 months of my wierd questioning about bike sizings etc and delivered a bike that fitted and was fully serviced. I wish my LBS had a clue about customer service

rickmeister

They are a sucker for jaffa’s… its the only shop in the burgh we support now if possible..

jedi

never trust a bike shop that dont like jaffas!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Good advice for life, that, Jedi. 😀

jedi

+1 getonyourbike

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Also had a llot of good advice + help from them over a 12mm axle palava. Great service.

Vortexracing

Bought some shorts and a jersey off them over Chrimbo.
    the service, speed and comms was spot on.

Will have no worries buying from them agian.

onehundredthidiot

I’m lucky that i work about 300yards from TBC and although there are now two (don’t ask) bike shops closer neither will accept Jaffa cakes as payment for a small job. It’s just not right i tells ya.

SandyThePig
    Free Member

I work near ocean terminal and the bike shops in Leith are shonky at the best of times, so I do very occasionally go in for bits and pieces. The guys in there have always been sound even though I’ve only been in for a seatpost/inner tube/pads/bunch of spokes etc.

jimmy

Countless examples of top service. Top guys, all of em. And the dog.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Top service from The Bike Chain’ is closed to new replies.