Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 328 total)
  • Top Gear – Back this Sunday
  • Harry_the_Spider
    BobaFatt
    Free Member

Chris Evan was the weak link for me last season so i’ll give this a go. Haven’t heard whether Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitt are back too?

P20

Yes Eddie and Sabine are back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s not even a real baby kangaroo.

nickc

Yes Eddie and Sabine are back.

they were painfully bad last season, and along with Evans the reason I gave up on it.

the-muffin-man

Aaaah – I’ve missed the friendly chemistry and witty banter between Matt LeBlanc and the other two – thingy and wotsit isn’t it? You know, the other two – erm! Nope, can’t think.

Such characters.

stumpy01

I’m looking forward to it…..it definitely can’t be any worse than the dirge that is/was The Grand Tour….

wwaswas

Went to watch the recording last weekend as my brother’s Alfa Guilia GTA is in it and he had some spare passes 🙂

I thought the presenters were good and the pre-recorded stuff was fine too – some nice motors.

I’d certainly give it a chance before condemning it based on the presenters.

righog
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the last series…the first 2 or 3 were pretty dire but it got much better towards the end of the series. I think the producers realised that Chris Evans was the weak link and reduced his input. The filming in places was also stunning.

Chris Harris and Rory Reed, were both good and think they will start a better rapport with Leblanc in this series.

I actually preferred it to TGT…But this also got a lot better in the later editions as they settled down….But the filming was not a patch on the new TG.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’d rather poke myself in the eye than watch EJ.

Will sky+ it and fast forward his bits.

olddog

Ok I’ll give it one last go.

flaps
    Free Member

I thought Chris Evans was ok on it, it was Matt that I didn’t like (or many of the others to be honest).

chestrockwell

It’s all over for me, both programs. TG was not as good as it had been before Clarkson and pals did one. The new one was a notch down again so simply not something I can find time to watch.

TGT goes down a notch for not being TG so see above.

gobuchul
    Free Member

This is the proper Top Gear.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug2caWPsfog[/video]

chrismac

Not EJ. He was the worst part of the whole last series. He even made Chris Evans look good.

eckinspain
    Free Member

We have a Top Gear day at work today – Stig was in earlier and there’s a Forza driving simulator I might try later.
    Oh, and beer this evening (don’t drink and drive kids).

From what I’ve seen of the new series I’m pretty excited (and surely it can’t be worse than TGT).

DezB
    Free Member

What I’d really like to see is a Gogglebox special with Clarkson, May and “The Hamster” watching the new Top Gear. That would be so brilliant. I’d like to watch it on my phone while driving at 130mph round the M25.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Shall record it, fast forward through the crap.

Pretty much what I did before, and the few TGT episodes I watched.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’ll only watch the good bits. The earlier presenter was rubbish so all those bits are going and I thought that the other one was nothing like James May, which was disappointing. Matt LeBlanc is too short to be Clarkson, more disappoint and the Hamster replacement isn’t a real one.
    So won’t be watching, because I’m sure it will be rubbish.
    What time is it on?

Harry_the_Spider

What time is it on?

Straight after Robot Wars!

pondo

Disappointed about them doing stupid races, that’ll be fast-forwarded.

mattbee

I’m going to record it and fast forward through the good bits so I can get nicely frothed up about how rubbish it is and post on here about it.

CountZero

Set up to record so I ca ffwd through the rubbish like I did before, and like I do with Later…
    Much more excited about Robot Wars, though…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

What time is Robot Wars on?

milky1980
    Free Member

7pm, TG at 8.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Cheers. 😛

Drac

Not hollidihg out much hope and even less if Eddie Jordan is still in it.

Le Blanc got better and Rory Reid was great other than the other presenters were crap.

Still at least The Grand Tour is entertaining and has a confirmed return date now.

bigad40
    Free Member

I can’t wait!
    Better than anything else on tv except Redbull TV
    Grand Tour was also better than anything else…Except Redbull TV, live coverage of Volcom Pipe Pro from Hawaii, that was insane!
    Redbull Rampage live was epic!
    Roll on World Cup season.

project
    Free Member

The last series was more like first gear, like novice drivers learning to drive, lots of mistakes, driving skills need improving as does the script, hopefully theyre now had a bit of retraining, and some more actually funny jokes and personality injections.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Grrrrrr, the Ferrari FxxK.

What a waste of time.

Drac

What a machine. 😯

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s a FatFace/ superdry/Next fest in the audience. Why are car people so badly dressed and a bit chubby?

onandon
    Free Member

Why are car people so badly dressed and a bit chubby?

Because it’s filmed in England

bikebouy
    Free Member

Because they like cars.

So, they’ve introduced a “fast car” to replace the reasonably priced car, which is also pointless. Chris Harris annoys more than an ingrowing toenail.

Grrr.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oddly, enjoying this including Harris as the coach!!

oliverracing

So far so good…

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

20 minutes in, I’m getting bored, this studio piece is rubbish.
    Hope it picks up I don’t want to hate it.

Drac

Because it’s filmed in England

Racist.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Not to sure if I like it or not. Seems like there trying to hard.

bodgy
    Free Member

I had fairly very low expectations, which have been met.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 328 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear – Back this Sunday’ is closed to new replies.