Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Told by Surveyor that our home insurance is invalid.
  • nealglover
    Free Member

I ageee. Sadly a lot of people who choose to pay for them don’t 🙁

project
    Free Member

Rang the insurer this evening and they said it makes no difference as far as they are concerned.

I asked if they thought other insurers would be the same, and they said that obviously they couldn’t speak for others, but if it was ever seen as an issue, then they would all pick up on it pretty fast and blanket change all policies going forwards.
    And obviously that’s not happened.

and you did ask for written confirmation of the above details of the phone call

nealglover
    Free Member

and you did ask for written confirmation of the above details of the phone call

No. But as it was for my own peace of mind, and to confirm what I already thought/knew, I can just remember what they said. Probably won’t need to read it back.

aracer
    Free Member

I do wonder if there are grounds and means for reporting him as suggested above if he’s giving his clients jambafacts.

jam-bo

Some drama queens up there. Reporting him? Come on, he’s not even working for the OP.

The mortgage company will almost certainly see it as an issue. Do a search on MSE and you’ll see a myriad of similar threads.

nealglover
    Free Member

The mortgage company will almost certainly see it as an issue.

Mortgage survey already done, they are fine and the mortgage is approved and ready to go (and they also looked in the loft)

This is the buyers own survey.

Reporting him? Come on, he’s not even working for the OP.

It doesn’t matter who he’s working for, if he’s giving false information in survey reports (saying the house is uninsurable, when it clearly isn’t) then his professional body, whoever that is, may be interested.

Edit- his employer almost certainly would be keen to know.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Told by Surveyor that our home insurance is invalid.’ is closed to new replies.