Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • today's helmet cam footage – now the motorbikers are after us!
  • cynic-al
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The truck nearly flattened him as well!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The cyclist did seem to be a little far out, the road looked in pretty good condition to me…

AlexSimon

Hopefully no one will be against the cyclist today!

That is very hopeful

D0NK

cyclist was in the right but acted like a dick, with holier than thou helmet cam warriors like him around looking for trouble it’s no wonder drivers motorcyclists hate us

(haven’t actually watched the vid yet but fancied switching sides for the day)

fozzybear
    Free Member

I’m more offended by that you called a moped rider a motorbiker.

bails

The cyclist did seem to be a little far out, the road looked in pretty good condition to me…

What level bikeability training have you done?

warton
    Free Member

well, he deserved to get kicked then didn’t he 🙄

taking the lane, in a busy, dark street, right thing to do IMO, I’d do the same

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

For some reason theres bus stops every 50 yards in London. If you cycle on the left you never get anywhere as a bus will stop in front of you after no more than 20 seconds and no-one will let you out to go around. The left lane in london is either for busses or undertaking people who are waiting to turn right.

kimbers

whats an ‘ordinary cyclist’ ?

Lifer
    Free Member

Rather than a motor-cyclist I think.

D0NK

scary stuff, lorry nearly got him after that aswell 🙄

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

taking the lane, in a busy, dark street, right thing to do IMO, I’d do the same

there were no obstacles on the left for hundreds of yards and the road was in good condition.

He could have avoided riding ‘in the gutter’ without leaving enough room on the left that a moped could fit comfortably through.

There’s such a thing as consideration for other road users, and if he had have been showing much consideration I think he would have been further over to the left, whilst being assertive enough to cause people to think when overtaking him and being in a position where he only had to move out a bit to pass parked car/buses/etc.

Obviously the moped rider was a dick for the kicking action. But his position on an empty road wasn’t good in terms of avoiding invoking road rage in other road users.

D0NK

There’s such a thing as consideration for other road users,

road is narrow enough for drivers to have to go atleast a couple of feet into the right hand lane to overtake so it’s no great inconvenience to go another few feet and be fully in the right hand lane to overtake properly. He was shifting aswell, he wasn’t exactly bimbling along causing a rolling roadblock was he? and when a cycle lane appeared he moved into it I don’t think he was making a statement, just taking the lane.

But his position on an empty road wasn’t good in terms of avoiding invoking road rage in other road users

due to the significant minority of nutters around, at home on the turbo trainer is the only position available to cyclists to avoid invoking their wrath.

bails

At around 15 seconds in the youtube vid the moped rider is riding along the zig zags for the crossing. In order to get past on the left of the cyclist his left arm was probably over the kerb. Not exactly hugging the right of the outside lane!

The lane to their right is also empty.

But hey, they wobbly video shot in the dark while it’s raining doesn’t show the road surface in any real detail, therefore it must be fine and the cyclist was just trying to wind people up or ‘make a point’. Unlike the poor moped rider who undertook FOR NO REASON and tried to kick someone off in traffic, he wasn’t making a point, he was just a victim of the cyclist. 🙄

didgerman
    Free Member

Think he was probably doing nearly thirty as well. Guessing others were speeding. Possible anyway, hard to tell.

MSP

He got the number plate, read it out aloud on the video, why is there a hunt for the offender? Shirley the met just go round and knock on his door.

bigyinn
    Free Member

IMO its quite a wide lane, so if he leaves too much space on his right (whilst staying out of the guuter) cars will try and squeeze through. If he rides in the middle of the lane cars wont be able to squeeze past, but scooters / motorbikes will be tempted to pass him on the left.
    Given cars are by and large the most prevalent vehicles on the road, his position is probably right for the circumstances.
    That manouvere by the scootrist is just plain crazy and you cant really account for that sort of stupidity.

mogrim

I’m more offended by that you called a moped rider a motorbiker.

+1 🙂

Still, moped rider definitely deserves a decent fine + banning.

edward2000
    Free Member

Attempted murder comes to mind. What was he trying to achieve by attempting to kick the cyclist into traffic!!?!?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cyclist was a little far out but he has every right to be.
    SCOOTERIST was a tool

I actually had an L-plated scooter rider undertake me (on motorbike) a couple of weeks ago. I don’t think he was expecting to stop at the lights though and have a sweary northerner give him a right earful. He couldn’t get a word in edgeways!

jock-muttley

and have a sweary northerner give him a right earful. He couldn’t get a word in edgeways!

+1

kwack
    Free Member

Hes a scooterist not a motorcyclist… most scooter riders all where L plates as they only have to pass a CBT to get on the road…I dont classify anyone who rides a scooter as a motorcylist!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Apologies to motorcyclists, mods please amend the thread title to stop any further offense.

jools182
    Free Member

the local scooterists think it’s funny to ride as close as possible past you and beep their horns when they are right next to you

little chavs 👿

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

from youtube…

“This guy did exactly the same to me except without the kick a few weeks ago in Bermondsey. Undertook me whilst shouting that I shouldn’t take up the whole lane and sped off when I ignored him. He then attacked a cyclist near the entrance to the Rotherhithe tunnel. I gave the reg plate to the other cyclist but doesn’t look like he reported it.

EDIT: Was 11th December when incident took place.”

mrmo
    Free Member

the local scooterists think it’s funny to ride as close as possible past you and beep their horns when they are right next to you

little chavs

I find it amusing to sit on their wheel while they rev the crap out of their sh*** little 50cc engine.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Scooter riders find all sorts to keep themselves amused

[video]http://youtu.be/iZQrOXOm14w[/video]

edlong
    Free Member

Most importantly, from the OP, how come we’re allowed to link to the “Metro” – isn’t it part of the Daily Mail company, which is verbotten in these parts? Some consistency, please!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘today's helmet cam footage – now the motorbikers are after us!’ is closed to new replies.