Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Today's Combi boiler thread- price differences!
  • zbonty

I need a new combi for a small terraced house and had a couple of quotes.
    Rip out old, replace with new. Magnatec/Filter and flush required too. Plus thermostat. Cheaper quote includes installation of 5 x thermostatic radiator valves.
    Prices from £2500 (for Vailliant 825) to nearly £2789 (Veissman 100) which is a significant sum to me.
    I know what these things cost and don’t underestimate theres a degree of work/skill involved and people are running a BUSINESS of course but take away the cost of materials and you’re looking at £1000+ profit for your day of graft.

The BIG spanner in the works is theres a firm on ebay with good feedback offering a Vailliant 825 combi install for £1645. Chatting to him he sounds competant/organized etc.. The same boiler i have had a quote for £2700 plus from a local guy..

perchypanther
    Free Member

£1625 seems a bargain to me but not silly cheap. If you have confidence in the bloke i’d bite the hand off him.

For comparison – check this site for a package deal for all the kit. – About £1200 for the Vaillant 825

Add 15% ish to this for the contractors uplift.

https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/package-deals

I’d allow £450-ish labour on top for a boiler swap, £600 – £700 ish for a full system install.

As a contractor I’d be expecting to pay a heating engineer £150 a shift to install CH and would expect a boiler swap to take two guys half a shift and a full system to take two guys a full shift.

zbonty

Thanks for your input Perchy, I’ll look at the link when I get home.

Pieface

Are they a registered Vaillant installer so you get your warranty?

singletrackmind

I used an Ebay advertiser to fit a like for like Combi swap.
    I went with a cheaper Logic Plus 24 £600 combi , and he charged £600 to fit it . This included a machine flush of the existing system using a power flusher.
    A year down the line its been perfect , to keep the warrenty i just need an annual service , as its a rental this is done at the same time as the gas saftey cert. by my local gas engineer , who quoted double to supply and fit another combi.

ourmaninthenorth

Takes me back to my previous house. Moved in mud October 10 years ago. Sudden cold snap in early November – minus 5 – and the cheapie boiler put in by previous owners goes bang and is pronounced very dead by local engineer.

Mrs North promptly moved to her parents and “worked from home” leaving me to stay in a house that didn’t rise above freezing while a man in a mask arrived on a horse and relieved me of 2k to install a Worcester.

Blackhound

I had my rental property boiler installed for £1,600 a few months ago. The guy said a better Worcester one would be closer to £2k, just under I think, fitted. He is a qualified fitter (does my gas safety cert) and rides for same club as I do so hopefully a fair price.

He was about to fit a Worcester for himself at home as he felt they were most reliable. £2.5k sounds a lot though.

matt_outandabout

Perchy – are you heating engineer?

I may have need in the next few months….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Today's Combi boiler thread- price differences!’ is closed to new replies.