Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Today in Malta…
  • zippykona

It’s going to be 26 they speak English and have nice food.
    3 hours on a plane. How can it be so different?
    https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/malta/malta/floriana/grand-harbour-valletta-waterfront.html
    It’s really mild here but 26 is a proper summers day for us.

IanMunro
    Free Member

If JCB made boats, it would look like that.
    But yellow.

crazy-legs

It’s going to be 26 they speak English and have nice food.
    3 hours on a plane. How can it be so different?

Yes but it’s Malta – the place is a dump.
    It’s overcrowded and polluted, for such a tiny island it’s got congestion problems because everyone drives everywhere (very badly) and while it’s got some nice bits (Mdina and some of the old town bits of Valleta and Mellieha are nice) and some interesting architecture (inc some megalithic temples) basically it’s just one massive urbanised dustbowl.

If you want a Mediterranean island, go to Corsica or Sardinia.

unknown
    Free Member

Overcrowded? Not really. Densely populated yes but didn’t feel overcrowded to me. Congested? No more than anywhere else. It has a population the size of Edinburgh, comparing the two I’d say it’s a lot less crowded and congested. Less of a dump, too.

scotsman
    Free Member

Haha, right now I am sitting in my office on the vessel in the feed 😀

flatfish
    Free Member

Our next door neighbour drives one of those.

jam-bo

Is that a DOF boat? I’ve got a couple of mates who work for them.

And probably a bunch of kit made by my company on there.

jota180
    Free Member

I went to Malta with work a couple of years back, can’t say it really appeals to me.

The food was somewhat bizarre in so much as they managed to serve a helping of cauliflower with every meal regardless of what it was, it lead to some very odd combinations.

scotsman
    Free Member

Owned by DOF Management, operated by DOF Subsea UK

zippykona

Give us a wave!

jambalaya
    Free Member

A good friend of mine got a transfer out there a few years ago, abolsutely loves it, sails and races his JOD 35 and every year a bunch of his mates come over to do the Middle Sea Race. What’s not to like.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Haha, right now I am sitting in my office on the vessel in the feed

Some bastard’s done a runner in it now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ask my sister about her holiday there. She has her own first-hand version of the Monty Python Watney’s Red Barrel sketch 🙂

scotsman
    Free Member

Some bastard’s done a runner in it now

Port authorities moved us along the quay, must of been spoiling the view of the cruise line passengers

zippykona

Ooh nice warship.

avdave2

I’ve worked there a couple of times, it’ll be nice when it’s finished!
    I recall that the food was good but the desalinated water is not so great. The local white wine was also very impressive and makes an excellent alternative to the water even if not ideal for cleaning your teeth.

blurty
    Free Member

Malta is pretty built up, Gozo is very nice though.

Great scuba diving in Gozo.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Great scuba diving in Gozo.

Malta generally is pretty good and Cirkewwa Point has an amphitheatre at about 5M which makes a brilliant classroom and deco stop.
    Going there in feb – 7 nights accom + 10 dive package = 350Euro. bargaintastic
    And maybe taking the train home (ferry to sicily. obviously)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice !

fuzzynod

I have a bunch of Maltese friends from dragracing and im trying to find time to go out there and visit and watch some racing out there.But im defiantly taking my bike after watching this video.Talked to the girl from The Malta tourist organisation at the bike show.She pointed out where various bits were filmed Some on Malta and some on Gozo the Island to the north.
    Great little vid.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Today in Malta…’ is closed to new replies.