Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Today, I are mostly going
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Here:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT67TMkXgVI[/video]

Weather set to be sunny, 30c with a slight breeze. Feeding the little one now (giving the wife a lie-in gets me a day out on the bike!) and packing up shortly.

For any Perth locals who know the area, where’s the best place to park? Is there a visitors centre / cafe?

d45yth
    Free Member

I’d rather put up with the cold here in the UK and ride in the snow and ice to be honest. 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Snow…Ice…Hmm……. I’m gonna have to Google that. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    farm-boy

Park at the Camel Farm. Safest parking and there is a cafe.

http://goo.gl/maps/rZTYi

Trail heads east from the back of the car park (blue arrows). Map here:

http://www.wamba.org.au/trails.php#KC

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve just got the map from WAMBA site. Also seen Jarrahdale / Langley Park which is only 30 mins from me. KC is nearly an hour and I cba going up Kwinana Freeway.

farm-boy

Depends how far south you are. Roe Hwy -> Welshpool Rd -> Bickley is a fast drive to the KC.

Jarrahdale is ok. Lots of flowy singletrack but no real hills and nothing technical. Jarrahdale General Store do a mean Jarrah burger for afterwards.

KC is worth the trip and def will be in a couple of months when all the new trails are open.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Rockingham

perthmtb
    Free Member

As you’re south of town I’d also check out the trails around Dwellingup. I was down there on Sunday. Turners Hill is technical, and Marrinup fast & flowy, so combine them both into one morning and then hit the Blue Wren Café in Dwelli town for lunch.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Anyone up for a Perth STW ride? I need a fix of mountain biking – my bike keeps screaming at me in a jealous rage every time the road bike gets taken out….

Rich

perthmtb
    Free Member

What d’ya fancy Rich – how about next Sunday at the KC, say 8am?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just got back from kc. Bloody knackered. Was 34c.my first proper my session since we came back to oz. Been riding to work most days but this was fun and tiring. Nice nit of cake and coffee when I finished then dropped into Kalamunda cycles to look at ibis bikes I can’t afford. Going back on the 20th but don’t count on my fitness! So out of shape.

Marmoset
    Free Member

perthmtb – I will check with the family what’s happening, I might just be able to persuade my wife & son to spend some time at the camel farm whilst I have a ride a round, it might have to be half an hour later though if you’re okay with that?

Rich

perthmtb
    Free Member

Hi Rich. Thinking I didn’t have any takers for Sunday, I’ve since committed to a 7am ride with my usual crowd. Will be back at the Camel Farm by 10am though, so if you want to meet then for a ride? Cafe doesn’t open till 9am anyway, so if you’ll be leaving the family to fend for themselves then a later start might be better.

Let me know if that’s of interest, or we can do another time – I ride every Sunday, and some Saturdays too… Maybe we should try for the 20th if that’s when aphex is next available?

Marmoset
    Free Member

OKay, I’ll pencil the 20th in. Might be better as I’ve only just started riding 2 weeks ago after fracturing my wrist in Feb, so it should be a bit stronger again by then 🙂

I’ll see if I can start working a regular Sunday jaunt in to the routine…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

must get customers in WA…….

perthmtb
    Free Member

Ok, 20th sounds like a plan…

So, who else is in for the inagural STW Perth pootle – farm-boy, aphex?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah I’m over there on the 20th. Meeting a couple of mates there who are NOTORIOUSLY late for everything. I will be there on the 20th, just not sure what time. If you see someone struggling round, sweating and swearing on a Pipedream hardtail with green Oury grips, that’ll be me.

BTW if anyone knows Lakes Bikes, they are relocating and have 20% off sale today, Friday and Saturday.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Meeting a couple of mates there who are NOTORIOUSLY late for everything.

Welcome to WA – stands for Wait Awhile…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I know! I once waited over half an hour for a pot of tea at the Tea Merchants in Freo. (It’s since closed down but that was nothing to do with me). There’s laid back, and utterly incompetent. And they wonder why people don’t tip here? Bwahahaha.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Marmoset
    Free Member

Anyone still up for the ride this Saturday?

WildHunter2009

Didn’t realise so many people lived in Perth! I will be up there from about 8 ish sat morning, trek ex9, not fit and most likely muttering angrily at my lack of technical compensation at the mo. Rode metasoma for the first time this sat, tis a fun addition!

perthmtb
    Free Member

Yep count me in!

Why don’t we meet outside the café at the Camel Farm 8am?

I’ll be in a silver Toyota Corolla and riding a woefully unsuitable Anthem 29er, but I cracked the frame on my Trance last weekend 🙁

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yikes 8am? It’s my day off :/ The couple I’m meeting up with deffo won’t be there for 8. I guess at some point our paths will cross – more likely that we’ll meet after you guys have been round and we’re just starting!

perthmtb
    Free Member

8am early 😆 – I usually start at 6:30 in the summer to beat the heat.

Anyways, you can do a lap with us at 8 then be nicely warmed up for your mates later 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

8am is early for the first weekend I’ve had off in months! I had to book annual leave to get it too. I pictured a fry up, some coffee, casually putting my bike in the car, driving up Kwinana Freeway and a leisurly jaunt around ‘Munda. I have a feeling we have very different fitness levels. The other week was the first time in 6 months that I’ve actually been off road and was buggered, eh! Normally on the roads and coastal paths.

I’ve texted my mates to see if 8am was too early but, in true Aussie fashion they’ve not even replied yet. *rolls*

perthmtb
    Free Member

Hey, I’ll meet whatever time works for most people – I only said 8am as that’s what Wildhunter2009 suggested above. And don’t worry about fitness, I was only kidding (kinda) that you did a lap with us then another with your mates 😉

I’ll check back on here before the weekend, and whatever time has been decided, I’ll be there… 🙂

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’m easy on the time but if its a bit later then it’s better as my wife can take my son to the camel farm and hopefully not be driven mad by him! I’ll be in the noisiest bright blue discovery you’ve ever seen…..

Would 9am be a good compromise?

Richard

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Today, I are mostly going’ is closed to new replies.