Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Today, hopefully I pick up my first NEW bike since 1984
  • hora
    Free Member

My first brand new bike since 1984……and also my new (well new to me) mountain bike frame. Both on the same day 😀

Pics to follow :mrgreen:

scaredypants

looks a bit small

😀

wwaswas

*scuttles off to wait in the classifieds*

jambalaya
    Free Member

Leading economic indicator. Economy is overheated as @hora is buying new.

Bregante

Have you done an armed blagging or something hora? Isn’t that 3 bikes this week?

hora
    Free Member

Ooo yes forgot the £40 pub bike. My 4yr old lad owns THREE bikes too so we are even-Stevens 8)

Bregante

*phones crimestoppers

stevied
    Free Member

You haven’t bought a Cove off Watsontony have you?

binners

My first brand new bike since 1984.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE[/video]

*sigh*

hora
    Free Member

The effeminate looking boy/girl from around these parts?

Bregante

The effeminate looking boy/girl from around these parts?

Yes don’t worry, I have given them your description. Thanks though. 🙂

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

congrats

bikebouy
    Free Member

This will be fun, I expect this thread to continue until 2016 at the earliest with updates on:
    “what stem for..and how many spacers can I fit under it”
    and
    “my saddles a bit stiff, do Brooks do armchair versions”,
    “what gearing for the Pub..”,
    “endura Winter MTB shorts over tights on my roadie, whayhay am I being laughed at”
    and
    “SPD’s on my roadie, Ok or Ghay”

Pics please 😉

binners

bikebouy – You forgot the most obvious one. We might as well start another forum specifically dedicated to covering the upcoming saga of the vast array of forks that will now be adorning said frame. As we are constantly updated with a sorry procession of faulty equipment, experimentation with pressures, dismantling and re-assembling and then the crushing inevitability of the warranty claims

Can you hear that? Thats the sound of grown men in the customer service department of Rockshox and Fox, collectively weeping

hora
    Free Member

Its a road bike binners. Ironically my last new bike was a decent road bike too.

Bregante

We’re all just jealous really hora. You can’t beat a new bike. Even if its not “new”

I’m away all week but give us a shout if you want a road spin out one evening next week (a knackered hand is preventing any MTB action at the moment)

hora
    Free Member

Next week? Deal. 🙂

Bregante

Tuesday Thursday or Friday looking best for me currently

hora
    Free Member

I was thinking Tues. I’ll nudge another STw’er too.

hora
    Free Member

Here it is- no ‘action’ pics yet

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Niiiice! I got a new (cx) bike this week too – also in a lovely blue AND my four year old has that car seat too… what are the chances?!
    😉

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy it – it looks ace. Looking forward to seeing some proper pics and hearing how it rides later. What groupset have you gone for? My new one is my first foray into sram… time will tell!

hora
    Free Member

Its the full Shimano 6800 groupset. Only had a quick spin so far- feels alot nippier than my old steel retro bike (of course it would though).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ace!!

Bottle cage missing? You need bottle cages on roadies, no sodding camelbaks I thank you very muchly..

Ace and it’s blue!!

Proper colour blue.

BB doesn’t creak does it? My mates got one and I thought the creaking was from his knees, turns out it’s the BB.. 😆

And it’s blue !! Proper co :wink:lour blue, but I’ve said that already ain’t I..

Yak

no ‘action’ pics yet

Seems to be plenty of action in that pic. Pic taken whilst moving on a duel carriageway?

somouk
    Free Member

Pic taken whilst moving on a duel carriageway?

Looks like a roundabout more so than a duel carriageway. I’m sure he was the passenger and just turning round over the drivers shoulder for the shot.

hora
    Free Member

Seems to be plenty of action in that pic. Pic taken whilst moving on a duel carriageway?

Stationary on the entrance to a Sainsburys petrol station. If you know it its next to Meadowhall/M1 entry/exit. Bit of a weird place for a petrol station on a curve.

Yak

Aha. Looks lovely. Good colour too – much nicer than a dull black/grey/carbon finish.

vinnyeh

Thought everything came with bell and reflectors now? Or did you take them off before you put it in the car?

hora
    Free Member

No – I’d have liked a bell! hora jnr needs a new one

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks good. Road bikes are brilliant 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Today, hopefully I pick up my first NEW bike since 1984’ is closed to new replies.