Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Today a nurse handed me a box of….
  • white101

Picolax.

I don’t wish to start another thread (or link to thread search thing) but as she handed me the box I couldnt help but break into a grin and forget the next 5 mins of her advice and the week ahead waiting for the next step.
    Sigmoidoscopy today and full colonoscopy next week with a little bit of polyps surgery along the way.

She asked me why I was smiling, but by then the grin was starting to fade and the thread came back a little too clearly

Kevevs
    Free Member

My condolences White101 😐

compositepro
    Free Member

You will experience the rite of passage as per the thread ,everything is true

globalti
    Free Member

Be grateful that the medics are going to sort you out. My road riding buddy is a gastro-enterologist who does this stuff all day and he’s absolutely dedicated to his patients’ health and happiness and a superb physician.

Dickyboy

Please report back after won’t you 😆

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Yes – it may be just shit to you – but it’s bread and butter to Gastroenterologists… 😉

Hope all goes well

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve just been booked for a barium enema. I have all this to look forward to 😕

rOcKeTdOg

I have a spare pkt if anyone wants it, only 2 years out of date, given what it does I hardly think that matters

ononeorange

He’s just going outside for a while. He may be some time.

Good luck!

project
    Free Member

White 101, remember the box is just for the Picolax, not for a sample, as unless its a huuuuuuuuge box its going to be to small, alo shave plenty of toilet roll to hand, baby wipes, and a free runway to the toilet, no kids toys on the floor, lose cables, or animals.

All learnt ftrom personal experiences,

oh and best of luck.

Swelper
    Free Member

Oh dear, just read this link on the wonders of said drug

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100002076.html

Interestingly some of the side effects are

Diarrhoea, and Pain around the back passage (anus) (no s**t Sherlock)

Not to mention “The effectiveness of this preparation may be reduced if given with bulk-forming laxatives.”

white101

Through the eye of a needle………..

2nd dose just about to go down (and out)

bigbloke
    Free Member

Oh God….

yossarian
    Free Member

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Do you need to borrow a Karcher? I have the action cleaning attachment along with other bits, so if you’ve been caught short, should be able to lean most of it up 😉

totalshell

the stuff is impressive.. you neck the dose and nothing happens for 20 minutes.. and then.. and you dont stop till it wants to .. you have no say..
    had mine new years eve last.. interesting seeing it all on the telly in front of you.. doc was spot on and two v attractive nurses didnt even smirk..

white101

Todays colon inspection and surgery was all over suprisingly quick and pain free, just got to wait for the tests on the cut out bits to see if everything is good. Great staff at the hosp, even got home to watch the rugby today on the box, but through Midazzolam eyes I nodded off a couple of times.

project
    Free Member

neninja – Member
    I’ve just been booked for a barium enema. I have all this to look forward to

Posted 1 week ago # Report-Post

Had 2 so far, theres no pain, just embarasement, and the box of straws is for lets say inserting just one in a very small intimate place, connected to a lenghth of tube that in turn is connected to a huuuuuuuge bag of white stuff looks like plaster of paris, this gets squirted down tube, as a xray machine bleeps around you, then theres the inflation, with air, just like being an inner tube, after when you go to the tioilet, theres enough air for a bag pipe orchestra, and more sound, oh and for a few days after your pooh comes out white.

If you ask theyll let you look at the monitor, and you can see your intesines and other bits in full colour, try not to laugh though as there could be a premature discharge.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Today a nurse handed me a box of….’ is closed to new replies.