Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • TLD D2 Helmet sizing help
  • trigrwoods
    Free Member

Hi, can anyone who owns / has owned the D2 helmet let me know if it sizes up small or big please. I have looked around t’internet but responses seem to be mixed mainly by people that haven’t actually owned one! I am looking at the 2015 m/l version (56-59cm) which is on a sale. I have the medium 661 comp helmet (56-58cm) and i certainly wouldnt want a looser fit than my 661. Does the helmet come with extra pads for a tighter fit? I know i should try before i buy but im away for awhile so thats not possible and i dont want to miss this deal. Any help would be really appreciated.

singlespeedstu

I have a TLD A1 in M/L but my D2 is L/Xl.
    It did come with extra pads but they’re just the stick on type pads like you get with most helmets.

jam-bo

I think, but may be wrong. The L/XL and the M/L are the same size shell with different cheek pads.

Dango
    Free Member

I have a couple of XL D2’s that fit my big head nicely, the 661’s I couldn’t even get on, so I’d say that come up larger than what you have.

They don’t come with different pads to change the size but I think you can buy these as an additional option

trigrwoods
    Free Member

Ok thanks, im getting the impression that they do come up big, i think jam bo is right and that the shell is the same size and its just the padding thickness that differs. Im going to have a look around the interweb and see if i can find out.

honourablegeorge

If you’re tjinking of buying a D2 – there’s a D3 on Evans at the moment, and code CL50 will get you 50% off

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/troy-lee-designs/d3-evo-carbon-helmet-ec109906

trigrwoods
    Free Member

Yeah thats a nice looking lid for sure and easier sizing but im looking to spend half that amount (hence the d2), just looking for a bit of an upgrade from my 661 comp for the odd dh day. I cant really justify carbon. It is a looker though!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘TLD D2 Helmet sizing help’ is closed to new replies.