Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tiny flies in our kitchen/back living room- help
  • hora
    Free Member

Loads of them. Due to recycling/council we have to keep all food waste in a tiny bin- thats when we first encountered the flies- very very small and lots of them. The bin is kept well away from the house. Anyway- they appeared in the kitchen and I can’t get rid.

We don’t leave any food/crumbs/etc laying around at all. There are no gaps/holes in the wall. Ditto back living room.

Yet they are constantly there (1 week+). We’ve put down cider vinegar in saucers (kills loads) but still…

Ideas? How can we get rid?!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They’re fruit flies. They like ripe bananas, hide your ripe bananas from them. You obviously know about vinegar.

chico66
    Free Member

They sound like fruit flies. Definitely no well ripe fruit or veg hiding in the back of a cupboard somewhere? Any pets? We’ve a parrot and if we’re not regular with the cage clean out they can sometimes get a start in the debris at the bottom

hora
    Free Member

Hang on- one place I didn’t check. top of the fridge where veg/fruit is kept.

I hope its a ‘duh’ moment!

Del

couple of spiders?

porlus
    Free Member

Used a tumbler of cheap red wine once. Was a massacre. Got loads of the buggers.

tyger
    Free Member

Time flies like the wind – fruits flies like bananas! 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Are they

Fruit Flies

or

Thrips http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thrips-arrrgh-help

In which case I’d move home as they are driving me bloody crazy and one’s just died in the middle of my monitor. Damn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tiny flies in our kitchen/back living room- help’ is closed to new replies.