Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tink, Tink
  • trebor66
    Free Member

mmmh! SC Chameleon, with Hope BB and XO… I’ve just give it a good overall and and seems that under crank pressure left downward stroke it’s developed a bit of a tink, tink noise. When I tightened the bb up I just did it finger tight with a tiny nip up. Anyone know where the noise would be coming from. 90% sure it’ll be the BB / crank or linked to the eccentric BB housing. Ta

chip
    Free Member

I have a similar noise at the mo,
    Coming from the left side when left pedal is at top center.
    I am pretty sure it is the pedal itself as every thing seems pretty tight on the crank side of things.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Had a similar noise a while ago was sure it was coming from my BB/cranks.

Turned out to be a bit of grit caught in the saddle rails causing a tink when i put some pressure down..

Worth a shot.

trebor66
    Free Member

Chip. your words alone were problem solved. I’ve had that before on another bike as soon as I read what you said – it was right, I reckognised the noise. Just done it, bit of squirt, and I reckon that’s sorted now. Ta very much that would have had me tinkin’ alday.

Hey Tom, yep I’ve had that too with the seat. There’s nothing worse than silence being interrupted by a squeaky seat. It was a WTB V-pure. I kept thinking it was the cranks. I got an I-beam seat which is ace!

Nice one!

raisinhat
    Free Member

Just to offset this, I had a click that was only coming under power on the left pedal, seated or standing. Turned out my left BB cup had seized solid. My own fault for not checking it more regularly, but it hadn’t done any damage to the crank spindle, so everything is still ok (whew).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tink, Tink’ is closed to new replies.