Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Time to buy a Vice
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Never got round to buying one but realising I need one for all the odd jobs the wife has planned.

Looking at (the cheap) record 4inch and Draper, a thing else I should consider? Looked at 2nd hand on the bay but I’ll be out on Friday in Edinburgh area so I might as well get a new one somewhere

P-Jay
    Free Member

Lidl had some kocking about last week for not much money

jaylittle
    Free Member

Not sure if they are any good or big enough but noticed one for sale in Lidl a few week ago

Edit – beaten too it.

spacehopper

I’ve got one of these…

machinemart Irwin 4inch vice

If it’s big enough for what you need.. it’s a much higher quality vice than the price tag suggests.. And much nicer than the one my dad got from Lidl a few years back..

CountZero

Have a look on eBay, search for Record vices, it’s surprising what comes up. I’ve got a lovely big Record in good condition apart from the paint for £50.
    Needs to be fairly local, really too heavy to post… 😉

P20

eBay or gumtree, as above look for Record. There was a thread on here about them

footflaps

I bought a 6″ Stanley bench vice. Well made and lasts well.

About £50 online…

Duffer
    Free Member

They don’t mek’ ‘um like they used to…

Get on gumtree and buy an old one. Record are a name to look for, as are Woden and Paramo. They cost very little, even for big ones.

qwerty
    Free Member
    ajantom

As above Gumtree should yield results.

I got a Record No.3 in lovely condition for £10 – admittedly that was a real bargain! But you should be able to get something similar for £20-30.

They’re too heavy to post, so people will probably be willing to haggle if you can collect ASAP.

j40aja
    Free Member

If you’re in Edinburgh I might be able to help you out, not sure what sizes I have but definitely have a larger version kicking about.

j40aja
    Free Member

I’ve got a Record No.1 mechanics vice if you’re interested then give me a shout. Work in Edinburgh so can meet you somewhere.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Time to buy a Vice’ is closed to new replies.